Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 2 days I have been experimenting with stringwalking and all I can say is Wow! My group sizes have shrunk to at least half of what they were at all yardages. I am most excited because it is showing me that my form while not perfect is repeatable. I can't wait for the next 3D shoot I go to with my compound shooting buddies. I am going to give them a run for their money.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I've been Stringwalking since Nov, I was a pretty decent Gap shooter so the improvement is small (around 20-25 points up on Field rounds) but with the arrow tip in the spot for most shots I'm finding I'm shooting with more confidence.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Yep,,you now have a sight with the arrow and I see nothing wrong with that at all! A sight and consistent reference points will always be more accurate.

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Strange you should post this.

I got a letter from Tradtech,after I asked them about using a Pinnacle for string walking, saying it would be fine.

I shot about 5 arrows yesterday using a 1" crawl. It felt strange and the bow would need a major nockset alteration judging by the bare shaft! Gonna give it a go this weekend.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Facewalking is deadly too! Personally, if your not concerned with being legal in competitions? Just mark the back of your riser with white lines for the different yardages and blink off the string and you have a good sight.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Welcome to the dark side. Your membership will be complete after you're accused of cheating for walking the string. You will reach senior status when a club changes their rules to exclude you from competing. When a state organization does it, you will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. :)
Or just put a sight on your Bow. If a guy was kicked out,,it would not matter anymore.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
Welcome to the dark side. Your membership will be complete after you're accused of cheating for walking the string. You will reach senior status when a club changes their rules to exclude you from competing. When a state organization does it, you will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. :)
Yay, I'm almost a hall of famer 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Reactions: Jon Lewis

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have found it more consistent than my instinctive shooting. On one hand, it is fun, on the other hand, so was instinctive. I can't shoot as much weight as I would like for hunting. For me, it is much more fun and accurate than gapping. I'll be gapping at a tournament tomorrow for the first time ever. Strangest thing, aiming under the target

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Honestly, I had never heard of string walking until I came to this sight. I only ever gapped or shot instinctive. Yesterday I decided to try this stringwalking fad you fellas have been talking about... Holy crap! I had no idea. It allows me to aim and use my same form and anchor with every shot no matter the distance. I was smacking arrows out at 30 yards. I even got cocky and shot 6 arrows at 50 yards. Got all 5 on paper... OK so number 6 went over my backstop and through the siding of the shop... Oops but that's only because I pulled way through my anchor on release.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I have been around String walkers since 1957. Started hunting with it in Late 1970s. I don't think of it as a fad. Might be though. I hope it catch on. I been talking about it for ten years or more in the net.

For many years I just kept it to myself. Every one thought you were out of your mind. Not saying they were wrong :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
I shot this past indoor league with a springy rest and string walking. I really liked it but now making the transition back to my hunting bow off the shelf, I find myself canting the bow and gapping again :sbrug:

Can you SW and shoot off the shelf?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts