Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a fun weekend shooting, I don't shoot great in the cold but still enjoyed. started Sat with 24 WA3D targets and 6pm started a 12 target Fita Field night shoot, we kept it down to 30m for safety and shot with my best buddy Kadi she has slight TP but not being able to see the target fully and shooting with me slowed he down and she shot really well.

Funny thing was me having a brainwave and mounting a mag light on the Moon riser, first attempt I put it on backwards lots of joking on that one, SWAT would have been proud of me lol. On the targets I put a flo orange spot on the target so the light showed the spot really well, by luck the light also illuminated my arrow tip and made it quite comfortable to aim, I couldn't count stitches so just had one 20y crawl using feel of fingers.

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/Stephen_Morley/Fitafield3_zps577815b6.jpg

My arrows are green spin vanes and Kadi's with zebra stripes on shaft, I shot 138 and she 105 on 12 targets, today we shot IFAA Animal round and I shot another WA3D round afterwards (just because I could :p), it was a fun weekend.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
Aaah.. hence the questions on the FITA round............... sorry, wading through my links wouldn't have been the thing to do with no time to do it.

I presumed you were setting up a rather more serious competition.

Looks like fun, a great idea given the current day length.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
You are ready for a Texas pig hunt. You are now an offical member of the "Night Archery Dark Shooters" Go NADS! :)

In Texas we hunt pigs at night over corn feeders. Come on over. We'll have a BBQ

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like a bit of fun.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Katrin said it went down so well that the night shoot will happen again in Jan on the full Moon, with snow and hopefully a clear night no flashlights will be required this time.

·
Registered
590 Posts
We used to have an annual night shot at the club's 3-D-range, only the targets would be lit by torches, no other sources of light allowed. Lots of fun! The very few sight people and gappers usually did very bad, shooting scores a lot worse than the instinctive crowd.
I think most of the shooters switched to some sort of "instinctive" half way through the course, sighting just doesn't work if the tip of the arrow or the sight is not visible.

·
crazy archer
541 Posts
I shoot my bow in the dark before, it was with my longbow and did night field archery with my friends LOL. It was a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Steve,
Sounds like fun, did you have "blue dot" for a while? :jk:

I remember a club having a **** shoot at night. All you needed was a flashlight since the ****'s eyes were little reflectors. The targets were 2D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts