Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been setting up a hunting rig senario, using a 25oz. spring, shooting about 42#,440gr arrow, I'm trying to get about a 30yd point on. To achieve 30, I have to stringwalk about 3/8" below my nock point. When I set my nock at around 3/8" all I can get is a super high, like 12" high bareshaft at 30yards. Looks like I'm getting a huge bounce. I've run the tiller all the way to 1/2" positive, its still bouncing high.
I ran my nock all the way up to 1/2", which to me, is high. The bareshaft will group ok with fletched with this higher nock point.
So my assumption is, its probably my form, combined with the springy.
Do you think changing the springy to a 30oz. spring would help?
Do stringwalkers using springies need a higher nock placement?
Doug

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
1/2-5/8" is pretty normal for my SW tune. I shoot even tiller with a low wrist position.

-Grant

Reactions: biglegmax

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This makes me feel better, thanks. I have always ended up with a 1/4-3/8 " height, even tiller, two under. Forgot, I'm shooting three under, and stringwalking a little, its hard to argue when the tune says you need a 1/2", I just started thinking, which always gets me in trouble, thanks again.
Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.