Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
East Block Ex-Str.walker
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried here shooting very large diameter shafts out of a recurve and string walking?

I mean size 23 aluminiums, or Fatboys?

I am thinking around a good arrow for this little unfinished beauty:

http://picasaweb.google.hu/joszaiz/BlackBear#5309642616668397394

I would shoot it indoors, and maybe on FITA Field, and 3D fun shoots. Kurly Vanes on them.

I am just worried about I won't see anything, just the point of the arrow... :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Don't know why it would be a problem Zolcsi. 20+yrs ago I use to shoot with a lot of guys who would purposely buy the "Fatboys" just to possibly get the break of "breaking the line" with a wider diameter arrow.:) With a properly spined arrow to the bow at draw I, personally, can see no problem; particularly for target shooting. :)

Tom

·
East Block Ex-Str.walker
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course I would tune them as proper as I can.

It's just sounds a bit weird (and that's why interesting) to shoot an arrow that hides a 18,6 cm on the 20cm FITA field face at 15m... :)

The Easton selector offers me a Fatboy 500 for 29" and 36-40#.. :)

It's a Black Bear warf and 34# long XQ-1 limbs. DL 26,5" to the plunger.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Should be a good combo. I used 2315 Platinum Plus' with 200 grain points at the Texas state indoor. Shot barebow (fita) and stringwalked because I could ;)

However, I wasn't crazy about how unforgiving they seemed. Rainbow trajectories aren't usually very forgiving of a poor release. So I switched to my CX Nano Pro's and scored much better last weekend at NAA Indoor Nationals. That was with a bit more practice too though...

I've also shot my CXL2's from my barebow rig and they do just fine.

I say go for it and see what happens.

John.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts