Trad Talk Forums banner

String Makers: Help!

Tags
makers string
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rick Harrelson 
#1 ·
I am looking for someone to build for me a continuous-loop string for an Asian-style recurve.

OK….. So you are still reading my post – thanks!

I have an Asian recurve that is about 40#@30” (actually marked as 44#@32”). There is no shelf – shot off the hand – and the riser is about 0.5” past (short of) center. Finding an arrow that is long enough, soft enough in spine, and light enough has been a huge challenge. The next test is a 1913 shaft.

To make that arrow work (maybe) I need an absolute minimal string, as follows:

Material: BCY D-10 (SK78 Dyneema) would be ideal, but DynaFlight 97 is good also.

Build: Six strands (yes, six) with the loops padded to 12-14 strands. Served/double-served center to fit an Easton G-nock.

Length: 56” total, with 5” loops (that is, 10” total served length for each loop).

I am looking to buy such a string. Please PM me with questions and/or interest, etc.

This bow is beautiful, and it would be a hoot to get it up and running!

Thanks!
Trillium

See less See more
#2 ·
I have Dynaflight 97 in stock. I also have been making Horsebows.com replacement strings for over 14 years. However I am loaded and leaving today for a 2 week Society for Anachronism event and won't be home until Aug 9th. So I might not be able to mail it until then. I am leaving in about 5 hours so I am not certain I can get it done before I go. If interested PM me and I will let you know the color options I have in stock.

#3 ·
Allen Schafer at Lefties R Us (LRU 'Bikini Strings' brand) www.leftiesrus.com
has built me several absolutely perfect and highly functional FLEMISH style strings for Asian style bows. All he needs are measurements including loop size. He built brilliant strings for both the Saluki Ibex I had as well as a Korean Hwarang. I am about to have him make one for a Ragim Taiga. The Flemish style actually work really well and are super quiet. Tell him Chuck sent you. His turn around time is also days not weeks. He has been using Rhino material and I love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.