Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ,
Is there a standard as far as string loops go.I know recurve string end loops are larger than longbow loops .
but i just put a new string on my Hill style long bow and the bottom loop is small and fits good ,but it 's the top string loop on the string that has me a little scared,it's a little large and I 'am scared that it my come off when shooting the bow.
Is there a standard for loop size or should i order a custom string with smaller loops?or can you unwind the string and make the loop smaller?
I have bought strings from different places and I get different sizes.and bows are different to as far as tips and string nocks.
I never had a string slip off before but I was told by others that it's something you don't forget when it happens.
Wrong hand

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
I make my LB loops a little smaller but the top loop needs to be wide enough to slide down when unstrung and should stop sliding down before the string reaches the point of falling off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.