Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on another forum - - THANKS RICHARD.
anyone ever used these on a bow like ILF or DAS?
only curious, I'd never heard of them before today. These are from Huntingdoor.com
see picture.

Attachments

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Registered
530 Posts
I tried the OMP version. They didn’t last
long for me and I prepped the limb well. I think in theory they should work well but the curve of the limb is going to make or break how well they stick long term.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I see them and another style on folks bows sometimes. I do the ol yarn wrap and or mufflers from Steve.
Cant be good to have extra weight out at the limb tip Im guessing, but Idk Im still getting the basics figured.

·
Premium Member
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh I'm curious what their intended purpose is? I did not read much on it.
might be a LITTLE bit like the old "brush buttons" Todd. ??
SAM I got some of the old BRUSH BUTTONS years ago in a travelling CARE box from ? Erich & ODWS & you.......I forget who I sent the box on to, Bowbender Mike probably.

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Premium Member
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TODD how will these affect tune? effectively shorten string and/or brace?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Steve -

. . . on subject or string bridges . . ,

The string bridge was commonly used by Ottoman & Asian archers of increase the effectiveness of siyahs . . . the tips of the limbs.

It was a variation of the ancient recurve bows named the “static recurve” bow because of the use of siyahs . . .

regards,

John

Wood Eyewear Font Tool Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
343 Posts
I saw folks put a piece of soft velcro there and then did it myself on a few limbs. Quietens down string slap.

Mountain mufflers takes care of it for me on my hunting bows now, target bows are supposed to be loud, lol.

·
Premium Member
21,220 Posts
I tune string slap out on most limbs with BH. Sid did the velcro too, it helps a little on lower BH's.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Velcro on the limb grooves (slap), tight sock on the limbs (limb hum and scrapes), 2x(5x2") of paracord silencers at 10th and 6th harmomics (string hum), brush buttons (string hum and brush). Works for me.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I think it's a trade off. More weight vs more preload on the tips.
Mostly for one piece and bolt downs.
Dan
Interesting. Never thought about pre load.

What would be the effect of more pre load on the tips using these? Would these also add more stress to the tips after the shot?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
More poundage until lift on drawforce curve. Like SR but less effective. Maybe 1/2" brace, my guess.
Bushgards maybe slightly better. My Thought? if you have a very bad pluck string my not line up right. Sid of borders and I talk about stress loading, along with the lack of string elongation. This was the area most likely to wear over time.
Dan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts