Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a strange question, my old furry friend of 16 years passed a few weeks back. He was my hunting, fishing, going in the woods, and errand buddy. I got him cremated and I've heard on a podcast of a Bowyer putting ashes in the lamination of the limbs or riser. Wondering what bowyers do this so I can keep bringing my buddy with me on my adventures.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry to hear but I doubt a real bowyer will mix his epoxy with ash to use in limbs laminations - nobody wants limbs delaminated due to “bad glue”.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bit of a strange question, my old furry friend of 16 years passed a few weeks back. He was my hunting, fishing, going in the woods, and errand buddy. I got him cremated and I've heard on a podcast of a Bowyer putting ashes in the lamination of the limbs or riser. Wondering what bowyers do this so I can keep bringing my buddy with me on my adventures.
Sorry for your loss. Perhaps instead of using the ashes for a structural component, you could get a decorative inlay set into the side of the riser or something? Perhaps under the palm of your hand as you grip the riser.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I lost mine in July last year.. best dog I ever had..

he is still with me everyday...cause I’ll be vacuuming that little bastards hair outta my truck for the next 5 years..LOL

I’ve heard of people putting ashes in their quiver before..under the foam in hood in a little baggie or something to that effect.

·
Premium Member
12,110 Posts
sorry WYATT - - we do get close to the dogs.
I like the idea of having the dog with you on adventures, what about in a baggie in a billfold in a hunting pants pocket?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts