Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the Whittingham Shoot today with John Wert , Ray Iglesias and Mike Mohl

The weather was nice but I shot terrible :)

At the end of the day we decided to have a little fun and Ray, John and I decided to have a go on the Steel Deer

For those that are not familiar with the Steel Deer it is a Deer target cut out of steel with a heart sized hole in the chest

If you miss the heart, you miss the target and break your arrow :)

We decided that the winner would be decided by a process of elimination so to speak

We shot from the line and the old gentlemen that ran that part of the course for years said he had never seen so many arrows go thru with out a miss

I will not ruin the ending :)

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
To be fair to John he was using a borrowed bow from me at this shoot

This is why he was shooting my arrows :)

Ray is always a force to reckon with

The trophy we used for that end shot was won the prior week at a shoot and delivered to him there so we used it for a prop for the Steel deer challenge :)

Lotsa fun but I am definitely the weak link :)

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weak link - I don't think so......lots of pressure there bud...you gotta give yourself a break, but to have that much consistancy wow that is something..jer
Thanks Jerry but I have to be honest

Either one of these two fellows can consistently better me when shooting :)

I have learned a lot from shooting with very good shooters and from that I am thankful

Even thou on the fourth round john and I rung the bell the shots were only a fraction off

The target was relatively close but it shows that if that would have been a real deer we would have killed him every shot :)

The Steel Deer is an excellent teacher

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
A good watch, thanks. I go into mourning when I bust an arrow so it wouldn't be for me!

How far were you lot shooting from.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I'd have to pass. I lost an arrow yesterday at an IBO shoot and am having a memorial service today. I'm know to be "protective" of my arrows althogh I did hit the first target, carp at 30 yards out in the lake. It claimed two of our group's arrows right off the bat.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'd have to pass. I lost an arrow yesterday at an IBO shoot and am having a memorial service today. I'm know to be "protective" of my arrows althogh I did hit the first target, carp at 30 yards out in the lake. It claimed two of our group's arrows right off the bat.
I lost a wood arrow yesterday, lousy shot, my fault.... I HATE losing a wood arrow that takes me forever to make a set. No way I would shoot a woodie at a steel deer, I'd rather sacrifice a good carbon arrow, lol!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Nice shooting on the deer, we have a steel goat at our club but you just about have to break arms before they'll put it out to be shot at ,,bunch of chickens.
I better not let my dogs see the pic' of your new mate an his mini hound though.
Mine are to fat for that carry on,,,LOL.

jOHN.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts