1,672 Posts
I will be ther here's who I know is coming for sure

Paul and Robin Vogel
Troy and Jen Stoner
James Ruley
Hammer08
Tony Maxey
Brandi Bernoskie

That's a few of the locals that will be there.

Dewayne Martin

Reactions: barebow52

·
Mammoth Hunter
741 Posts
I'm flying into Raleigh Thursday morning to be back with the family, but I think I may be able to duck out and make this shoot. I just hope my new outdoor limbs and arrows are sitting on the doorstep waiting for me when I get home.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Just got back from the STAR seemed like a good turnout I heard about 94 shooters...great course as always....great to see some old friends such as:

Jim Feilds
Stratton Mullins
Alan Schafer
Cecil
Danny 2 Hats
Harry Angel
Lee Hinton
Ben and Linda Graham

And so many more that I can't remember and apologize for it...

Dewayne

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dewayne, it was a great shoot today. I enjoyed talking with you, sorry I sold those limbs before you got a chance to look at them...:)

You know where there are though.

We are here for the entire weekend. I just got off the field range.

Allen

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hammer I dint think you came because Paul and Robin couldn't make it....I was the real good lookin guy in the orange IBO shirt and grey shorts...LOL....

I thought the course was good a little closer than an IBO course...

How did you score... I shot a 283 had a 5 on the long downhill buck...sorry won't be back tomorrow..I've got church in the morning then have to go mow the farm after church...

Are you still coming to Gem City??

Glad you enjoyed..
Dewayne

Reactions: delta4

·
Registered
502 Posts
I saw a couple guys in orange shirts, none that good looking lol.

I talked to Paul, too bad they couldn't make it.

I thought the course was pretty good. There were a couple shots at 30 or more. That down hill buck, target 21 I think, was tough for me. I don't normally have many shots that far. I was thinking the course was similar to what I'll see for ibo longbow.

I ended up with a 270. Woulda been a 277 if they counted 11's. Shot a couple stupid 5's that I'm gonna make up for tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I too believe the course is real similar to what you'll see as an IBO longbow shooter.

Good shooting...the downhill buck was deceiving I shot it for 32 but now believe it was only 30...I hit it 1/4" above the 8 line exactly where I was holding.

Dewayne

·
Registered
502 Posts
I thought it was over 30 but wasn't sure how much. I put it at the top of the 8 and tried to shoot a real strong shot. It fell in just below the top of the 8. I'm point on at 27 so you're probably right, it was around 30.

How did you fare on the uphill turkey?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts