Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. Anyone shooting a Stalker? Just curious as to your experiences in quality and how they shoot. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a stalker wolverine fxt 47#@28 about a month ago. I get repeaeted comments on how quiet it is. I'm shooting a 420gr arrow so I was surprised it was so quiet with such a light arrow. I'm used to shooting around 12gpp. The limbs feel smooth on the draw, I draw 28". Solid on the shot with zero vibration, there is a selway limb mounted quiver that may be helping absorb any vibration. I shoot instinctive and it hits where I'm looking/pointing. Overall I am very happy with the stalker and am looking forward to hitting the woods with it.

Which stalker are you looking at?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Great bows, fast, smooth and very high quality. I do suggest going with the fxt series for a heavier and stiffer riser. I like the wolverine, been thinking about ordering a dingo longbow

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a stalker wolverine fxt 47#@28 about a month ago. I get repeaeted comments on how quiet it is. I'm shooting a 420gr arrow so I was surprised it was so quiet with such a light arrow. I'm used to shooting around 12gpp. The limbs feel smooth on the draw, I draw 28". Solid on the shot with zero vibration, there is a selway limb mounted quiver that may be helping absorb any vibration. I shoot instinctive and it hits where I'm looking/pointing. Overall I am very happy with the stalker and am looking forward to hitting the woods with it.

I was looking at the Coyote FXT. I've gone to split-finger as well. Easier on my shoulders for some reason and my release is cleaner; plus my 43# @ 28" Blacktail has 1/4" positive tiler. Was wearing bottom half of Mercury string quicker than upper when I shot it three under. Thanks so much for the information. I've heard good things about Stalker Stickbows.

·
Registered
110 Posts

I was looking at the Coyote FXT. I've gone to split-finger as well. Easier on my shoulders for some reason and my release is cleaner; plus my 43# @ 28" Blacktail has 1/4" positive tiler. Was wearing bottom half of Mercury string quicker than upper when I shot it three under. Thanks so much for the information. I've heard good things about Stalker Stickbows.
Juan Blanco has a beautiful fxt posted on the trading blanket. I believe it's 42#@28 62"amo and the woods are gorgeous. I'd buy it but I already have a #[email protected] buy it anyways if it sits around. I got my stalker from Juan so I know he ships quickly and he takes care of his gear.

Here's a pic of the stalker doing work on the first day of shooting it.

Let us know what you end up with.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I shoot a Wolverine. I have 2 sets of limbs ,1 is the static recurve and the 2nd is the dynamic recurve limbs. I fined the dynamic limbs smoother ,but the static limbs faster. beautiful bow and a fantastic grip for me. Very happy with it

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Juan Blanco has a beautiful fxt posted on the trading blanket. I believe it's 42#@28 62"amo and the woods are gorgeous. I'd buy it but I already have a #[email protected] buy it anyways if it sits around. I got my stalker from Juan so I know he ships quickly and he takes care of his gear.

Here's a pic of the stalker doing work on the first day of shooting it.

Let us know what you end up with.
Nice shooting! I'm looking to up poundage a bit. Found one on eBay for 850. 54# @ 28" Coyote. I have a Blacktail, 43 @ 28 64" I'm looking to part company with before I can purchase anything else. Blacktail tillered too positive for my taste and so dang fancy I'm afraid to take it to the woods. =)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had a 56 inch 52lb Coyote XT. The bow shot great and would buy another no problem. The bow itself was surprisingly light but with a full quiver balanced it out really nicely. I wouldn’t go less than 58 inches if you draw over 28. Another bow I regret selling but you know how it is, always chasing the perfect bow 😂

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a 56 inch 52lb Coyote XT. The bow shot great and would buy another no problem. The bow itself was surprisingly light but with a full quiver balanced it out really nicely. I wouldn't go less than 58 inches if you draw over 28. Another bow I regret selling but you know how it is, always chasing the perfect bow 😂
Yes sir. I'm chasin' my tai after the perfect bow as we speak. =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts