Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about the alliteration, but I couldb't resist;)

With the recent surge in Springy interest I ordered one with a set of additional springs in 5lb increments - 10 - 30lbs.

The setup I'm going to use it on is a Hoyt Gamemaster [email protected], shooting 29 1/4 inch 1916's with 125 grain field points/broadheads.

So what spring poundage should I start with?

And do the 5lb increments relate to a 5lb increase in shaft spine?

Thanks!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am not sure how different spring weights are supposed to work, but I have springy`s on two bows right now.

Bow # 1 is a 68" barebow, 41-42# draw weight, 265 grain arrow
Bow # 2 is a 64" Dalaa hunting bow, 46-47# draw weight, 496 grain arrow

Both bows prefer a 25 ounce spring. In fact, both bows refuse to tune with any other weight spring.

Looking at this scientifically, it makes no sense…..
Looking at it through my old farm raised mind, it is clear as a bell…….the entire world prefers a 25 ounce spring. :)

Reactions: 2413gary

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Looking at it through my old farm raised mind, it is clear as a bell…….the entire world prefers a 25 ounce spring. :)
Just out of curiosity, Mitch, are you shooting 3-under with both bows? I do and use the 25oz spring, too, so I'm speculating that the heavier spring works best in dealing with the added downward pressure that shooting style imparts on the arrow. :sbrug:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Just out of curiosity, Mitch, are you shooting 3-under with both bows? I do and use the 25oz spring, too, so I'm speculating that the heavier spring works best in dealing with the added downward pressure that shooting style imparts on the arrow. :sbrug:
Not only am I shooting 3 under, I stringwalk both bows. The hunting bow is always shot from a 15 yard crawl…..I play high-low from there.

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Mitch I don't know how many guys have asked the same question but I really like your Style 25 works best for me also. I shoot the same spring on my 55lb compound and 340 FMJ'S and 40lb recurve with 470 ace's
Gary
I am not sure how different spring weights are supposed to work, but I have springy`s on two bows right now.

Bow # 1 is a 68" barebow, 41-42# draw weight, 265 grain arrow
Bow # 2 is a 64" Dalaa hunting bow, 46-47# draw weight, 496 grain arrow

Both bows prefer a 25 ounce spring. In fact, both bows refuse to tune with any other weight spring.

Looking at this scientifically, it makes no sense…..

·
Registered
677 Posts
Mitch I don't know how many guys have asked the same question but I really like your Style 25 works best for me also. I shoot the same spring on my 55lb compound and 340 FMJ'S and 40lb recurve with 470 ace's
Gary
I don`t know if we are doing it right or wrong Gary, but at least we are consisent.:p

BTW, I am looking for another DAS, and my buddy wants one now, so if you don`t have two more rests left, this is what you will hear next…….

:waaah:

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well as it happens I'm a 3 under shooter so I'll just start with the 25lb'er and see what happens.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is an update letter on 5/24/14 to several good archers that have ordered the Micro-Adjustment Springy Arrow Rest.

Our machinist is finishing up this production run but he is way behind. I understand that he only has one part to get completed and then we will be able to ship. It is the adjustable arm and is quite hard to make.

I think, I repeat, THINK he will have them finished next week. I will send your order out as soon as I get the completed order and all parts.

Please accept my apologies for the delay, but please rest assured you will receive you Micro-Adjustable Springy as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your order and understanding.

Carbon Copies send to all on order.

Pat

Pat Norris Archery
12419 Squirrel Creek Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945

·
finger shooter
3,325 Posts
They are awesome, have 4 of them, 2 for compound finger bows and 2 for my recurves. Wish they weren't mechanical, or I'd put one on my longbow.. :) 25's work for me, but I keep 20's around also.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello Springy Rest folks
I have shipped all Springy Arrow Rest orders this's week.

If you paid with PayPal you should have a tracking number in your account oor emailed to you.

Let me know if you don't receive your order in the next 3 or4 days. everything was shipped priority mail.

thank everyone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts