Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let`s see and hear about where we normally shoot our bows, etc., when not in the back yard.:shooting:

I took a few pictures today after Gitnbetr, Steve, and myself cleared a little brushpile and some logs for our new 70 meter outdoor range, just gotta load them to photo bucket. Be ready shortly, but in the meantime, where does everybody else shoot?:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
7,978 Posts
there has not been a sportsmens club in yakima for close to 40 years , or more.we used to shoot there and on pacific powers property about 20 miles from yakima. now i shoot at home. i have a 100 yard target and stakes for 10 yard increments back to the shooting line.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My club is a sportsmens club which sucks. It makes the club expensive to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jon, I belong to several clubs, but the one I go to 95% of the time I joined in 1978. Back then it was $10/year to be a member. Now it costs $130/year for a family membership. That seems kin of expensive, but it breaks down to about 36 cents per day, plus a one time $30 fee for an electronic membership badge which gets you in the gate, and the buildings. I only use the archery ranges, but I will post a few pictures of all the buildings that a member has access to. This club has a lot to offer for that 36 cents a day.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Entering the club drive…..

Get out your electronic badge……

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To the trap house……

Lets look inside…….

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Trap has two ranges side by side, and a full kitchen inside so that they do not have to come to the archery building and bother us peons.;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rifle range…….25 to 200 yards

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Indoor pistol……

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Outdoor 60 yard range…..

12' elevated shooting platform, or shoot from underneath……

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Archery building…….

35 yards inside, unless it is late, then we herd everybody into the front room and buzz 55 yards through the hallway.;)

Sadly, between two timberings and two gas wells, our beautiful 28 target field/hunter course needs almost completely rebuilt, and our 90 meter archery range is the staging area for the timber until roughly May 1st. We hope to get all the outdoor ranges up and running again before June.

Reactions: aroadik

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice club, Mitch. Seems well worth the price of admission. You've been to my club, yours is nicer,lol.
I REALLY liked your 3-D course UDS.:cheers: Is your schedule up for this year yet?

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
Real nice digs there Mitch.
We got no archery club near home, I shoot at home, mostly.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I REALLY liked your 3-D course UDS.:cheers: Is your schedule up for this year yet?
I think our first is May 18. Not sure why we don't have one in April. Our calendar is on www.cvbowman.com

We are part of a league with a bunch of clubs in Beaver County, there's a shoot just about every Sunday from April through September. Me and Kegan are usually the only Stickbows.

Does your club run a 3D shoot?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think our first is May 18. Not sure why we don't have one in April. Our calendar is on www.cvbowman.com

We are part of a league with a bunch of clubs in Beaver County, there's a shoot just about every Sunday from April through September. Me and Kegan are usually the only Stickbows.

Does your club run a 3D shoot?
Tony, I ran archery at this club for close to 20 years. More than half the time I set up every single 3-D target, and took them all down myself. About 5-6 years ago I stepped down and basically stopped coming around the club much. They could not get anybody to run archery, so they sold the 3-D targets……70 of them.:mistake:

When Steve and I started shooting sticks again, that made 3 people at this club shooting them. Then Gitnbetr joined. Now there are around 10 people(not counting the JOAD kids)shooting either recurves or longbows, and several more are looking for a stickbow right now. It is awesome to see the increase at our club recently, not only in stickbows either. Since I joined in 1978, I have never seen so many archers who actually come to the club and practice on a regular basis, plus our JOAD program is bigger than ever. I think we have 60 regular kids shooting every wednesday evening.:cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.