Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
amateur MMA fighter Mike Pantangco taps out in fight where he is WAY ahead.
he explained afterward that he knew the only way to avoid injuring his opponent was to allow him to win. so, he knelt down & tapped the mat in the ring. I want to know why the referee cannot stop a lop-sided ass-whooping before someone gets hurt. if the fighters are evenly matched & game to go, so be it. SOMEONE needs to "be the bigger man" & walk away. in this case, it was Mike Pantangco...

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I didn't see the fight...but if it was that bad of a match up why couldnt he have just tapped the other guy out? Most guys who tap are put in pain or choked out...usually neither one results in an "injury". I can see him feeling bad for a guy he was laying into at will, but then ending the match quickly. I can also understand a true sportsman not wanting to seriously injure his opponent if he didnt have to...what I cant understand is a MMA fighter not closing the deal.

Edit: After looking at a clip online it appears this was very amateur. They did not train to fight one another and clearly not the same level of fighter ( atleast that day lol) I respect his decision.

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
I need to see that again DANA, been years, not sure of the part you're saying.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Remember the boxing match between Luke and the big guy (played by George Kennedy, if I recall right,?) Some guys are just too stubborn to go down...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.