Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I went to the Rod Jenkins clinic at 3R in Feb. Not enough room here to explain all that I learned and had corrected. I'll just say that I now have a repeatable shot sequence after almost 2000 shots at the blank bale and the bridge work and watching myself on video playback. (sometimes ugly).
As well as informative it was also entertaining. Rod is an interesting guy. I also had the privilege of meeting Bill Gustavson. He knows Rod's system well and acted as Rod's teaching assistant.
The only negative: my draw length increased to 33". I see the point disappear behind the riser on video playback. I'm shooting 32'5" Easton traditional only shafts. Are there longer shafts available or is there a way to safely splice shafts? Any tutorials? Thx John D.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Maxima blues are 32 and a bit. They are the longest carbons you will find.

Rods the real deal and a heck of a nice guy.

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Spearhead
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
When I started I was a 33" draw length and after finding a comfortable and repeatable form, I dropped to 32.5" . I am going to Rods clinic this weekend in Lancaster ( hope my draw length doesn't go back up :p ) .

Like Matt said, Blue Streaks at 32.75 " will be the longest light spined arrows you will find. CX Heritage in 250 and 350's are 32.75 also

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Does Rod put you guys on a stretching table, or are there that many people who "naturally" don't draw to their face? :lol:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Does Rod put you guys on a stretching table, or are there that many people who "naturally" don't draw to their face? :lol:
He gets you standing up and properly aligned. Combine that with expanding verses collapsing and it can make a big difference.

It varies person to person my draw length stayed the same. My take away from Rods class was mental more than anything. He gives you a true understanding of the mental side of the shot.

3 years later and I'm just now fully appreciating what a gift that was.

Matt

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
welcome to the forum jd-xlt.

Reactions: jd-xlt

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Good to see you on here buddy! I meant to get your contact information before parting ways, but we all left in a hurry. I had great time at the Clinic also. I enjoyed talking to you sitting by you both days.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I have aluminums for indoors that are close to 35", but for carbon Im not sure. I thought somebody said Deer Creek Crossing or some new company was going to offer longer carbon shafts?

Reactions: jd-xlt

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found my extra 1/2" in shoulder expansion and proper alignment. Early in my bale work I could see the arrow move forward slightly as I collapsed before release instead of maintaining pull. Video playback is a helpful tool now that I know what I should be doing and how it should look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.