Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,
Sort of a different request from the Traditional family...so please bear with me. My very dear friend and shooting companion turned 90 years old earlier this month. A few days after his birthday I had the unique pleasure of shooting a few arrows with Walter. Traditional archery has been his passion for decades. One of his prized possessions is a hand written letter from Howard Hill...commending him for taking time to teach archery to a number of youth in his area. Time hasn't always been kind to him..while in the hospital a year or so ago...thieves broke into his simple house and stole the elaborate footed shafts he had taken so much pride in making and the quiver he made from the hide of the last deer he shot with his self bow. The loss of those two treasures bothered him far more than the loss of his tv.
Today I was informed he was rushed to the hospital again and the outlook does not look promising.
I know this is asking a lot in today's economy but...he is a special person in our world. If some of you could drop him a card or brief note...share a photo, story, belated birthday wishes and get well encouragement...I know he would feel far less alone. Let him know where you're from and share a bit of your love for the sport.
Mail can be sent to:
Walter Yarosevich
c/o Springfield Hospital
25 Ridgewood Road
Springfield, VT 05156
I wish all of you had gotten the chance to meet this humble craftsman. He is a tribute to our sport.
Thanks to you all for reading this.
Steve

·
Registered
107 Posts
Your a good man Steve.

I will send Walter a letter. I just lost a good friend that was 86 who had very little family. Walter is lucky to have a friend like you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much, believe me, I am the lucky one to know his friendship. Visited Walt today and he's holding his own. It was really something watching him shoot just after turning 90. The fluid form was there in this now frail body but the strength had left him. He managed a dozen shots and sadly called it quits...but hoped for another day.
I greatly appreciate you taking time to drop him a note.
Be well.
Steve

·
Registered
107 Posts
The letter went out today. Good for you helping Walter out. Were all getting older and at some point and time it would be nice to know someone has our backs like you got Walters.

I hope the letter helps!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.