TradTalk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am approximately 35 miles north of New Ulm, Minnesota. New to the area.

I am asking anyone in the area for ideas as to where I might find private or public land that I could use for traditional bow target practice. Unfortunately, the nearest club/range is close to an hour away.

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you go straight north on hwy 15 to Hutchinson they have a very nice public range on the west side of town.

·
Locomo
826 Posts
Any local archery shops?, if anything around they would know.
Juspassin is correct about Hutchinson, there some very good Minnesota State Archery affiliated clubs around You but they all require a commute that Your trying to avoid.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,436 Posts
Forget archery. Grab a kayak and go to Swan Lake. You're in world class flat water paddling land.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, actually, according to the location the OP gave, he lives only 8 miles south of Hutchinson, not much of a commute.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,436 Posts
I missed the 35 miles north. But that puts him closer to even more excellent paddling. So do both, maybe at the same time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any local archery shops?, if anything around they would know.
Juspassin is correct about Hutchinson, there some very good Minnesota State Archery affiliated clubs around You but they all require a commute that Your trying to avoid.
I contacted the Archery Trade Association in New Ulm. They sent me to Archery360.com to search. No indoor or outdoor ranges were shown. If I was a member they may have been more helpful.

But thanks to forum members, it appears as if there are at least 2 ranges within commuting distance.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, actually, according to the location the OP gave, he lives only 8 miles south of Hutchinson, not much of a commute.
Being new to area, I miscalculated. I am NW of New Ulm, but the club in Hutchinson is still possible for an old retired guy.

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
By the way, the Hutch club used to put on a great indoor 3d on the south side of town in their auditorium each winter. Not sure if they still do as I haven't been there for some years now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts