Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to test some of my setups for noise and am looking for a sound meter. Does anyone have any suggestions on make and model? I looked at a number of them online and it appears some may not be sensitive enough on the "low end" to measure a bow but I am not sure.

My hearing isnt what it once was but I would love to be able to test different limbs, quivers, BH and such for how loud they are.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Sound meters only works well in a non-ambient environment.
Sorry, Joe but watching a needle is not very accurate unless it has a deflection pointer indicator.
I measure by means of vibration. IPhones have that too.
Dan

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Sound meters only works well in a non-ambient environment.
Sorry, Joe but watching a needle is not very accurate unless it has a deflection pointer indicator.
I measure by means of vibration. IPhones have that too.
Dan
Not saying it's a scientific test but when comparing the sounds of two different bowstrings in the same circumstance it's close enough for me and let's me see what I'm trying to

·
Registered
855 Posts
I was looking for one myself the other day on Amazon, and for a new one that actyally is descent you need aboutv120$. They had some cheapos for 60$ but I wouldn't go there. That being said you can find used ones on ebay for half the price. I think I will buy one soon along with a sound level calibrator.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
I got a Chinese made version from an Amazon store. It was not very expensive. The main thing I was looking for was one with a tripod mount, which this one has.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I know joe. Your the visual kind. Lol. Just kidding. I enjoy your video, it confirmed what I all ready know. John told me. When I started into traditional and decided to go TT I grilled poor John Wert for several hour phone calls. You can say I got my money worth. I can't thank him enough.
Dan

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
I know joe. Your the visual kind. Lol. Just kidding. I enjoy your video, it confirmed what I all ready know. John told me. When I started into traditional and decided to go TT I grilled poor John Wert for several hour phone calls. You can say I got my money worth. I can't thank him enough.
Dan
I am Dan :)

John is a credit yo the whole industry

He really goes the extra mile to be a flat out good dude

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.