Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a very nice PM. Sender was thinking me for the 60 yard challenge because it got him interested in long range shooting again. He did not want to post the image publicly to not seem like bragging.

Van/FL posted a great group at 60 yards that got me interested in becoming a good shot. It was the inspiration that got me to be a lot better shot even though i did not reach his level of skill.

Well the shooter will remain nameless from my part his group is inspiring and should be posted. It might well inspire you to go long.

IMO you are not an archer till you can go long :). Nice shooting

·
Registered
677 Posts
If he doesn't already shoot field archery, he should. That's absolutely smoking at 60 yards. Congrats to him.
You can say that again! Very stout…...:cheers:

·
Back Yard Hack
757 Posts
Rusty ? LOL, shame on you.

I PMed Rusty that picture thanking him for giving me the nudge to start shooting long again, and taking my shooting seriously. Long distance form work WORKS.

Guys, that is not a 60 yard group.
It is a 60 yard walk up. 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10.

I had been doing form work at 60 for about two hours, and keeping them all pretty much on the cardboard. I was real happy with the results, so I decided to do the walk up as my last end for the evening, and that's what I got. Still happy.

My 60 yarder in the picture is the one high left. The low shot is my 40.

I doubt I'll ever shoot a 60 yard group like that, but that won't stop me from trying. :D

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rusty ? LOL, shame on you.

I PMed Rusty that picture thanking him for giving me the nudge to start shooting long again, and taking my shooting seriously. Long distance form work WORKS.

Guys, that is not a 60 yard group.
It is a 60 yard walk up. 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10.

I had been doing form work at 60 for about two hours, and keeping them all pretty much on the cardboard. I was real happy with the results, so I decided to do the walk up as my last end for the evening, and that's what I got. Still happy.

My 60 yarder in the picture is the one high left. The low shot is my 40.

I doubt I'll ever shoot a 60 yard group like that, but that won't stop me from trying. :D
Oh dang I am glade to hear that. LOL sorry. I thought I had a second goal when I had not completed the fist one yet.

·
Back Yard Hack
757 Posts
Well Mr Rusty, I thank you again for the challenges, and encouragement to get started getting my shooting back on track.

This forum, and those members thereof have got me back to thinking the way I used to about my shooting, and even though I'm not back to where I used to be (may never be) I'm working on it & ain't giving up.

One of my favorite quotes, and something that is on my mind a lot is - "There is life beyond the paper plate". Thanks for that Matt. :)

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Well done Rick, that's great shooting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.