Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I've sorted this out eventually although I have to think about it every shot.

It's been my downfall (one of many) for a while. Started when shooting my longbow with a small sight window and trying to see the flight of the arrow.

I shoot my monthly 300 round tomorrow night and if I could just replicate my backyard practice I will be good......but we all know this just ain't the case!

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
For me, a solid bowarm is a relaxed arm with tight under arm-pit muscles, all in good alignment.

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I put it wrong.

I have been dropping my bow arm for a long time now. So although the arm is not locked and tense it stays (almost) in the same position as when on target.

Strange how a fault I probably learned in a couple of weeks has taken my months to overcome.

·
Premium Member
12,099 Posts
ROD, it's good when you get that "head slap" moment, eh?
Glad you got it figgered, making the reps now will ingrain it.

Reactions: TradArcher

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve, I been in recovery mode for about 3 weeks and been doing a lot of reading and watching form videos.

My shooting has been really good this past week, really gelled with this new setup now. When I do my part I'm shooting better than ever, actually shocking my self with what I'm capable of.

Only hope it lasts!

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Good to see Rod, you can only improve now, maybe some hiccups, but you will improve. :)

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Zulu,
Consider that your "pulling" needs to be in line with, that is to say in a straight line but opposite direction as the arrow. Making that thought while working the bale will help engrained it to the subconscience.... String hand- straight and opposite arrow...bow hand- straight and toward arrow. Good Luck/All the best.

Tom

·
markliep
687 Posts
Finally have gotten around to reading Rick McKinney's book & should have read it sooner -he's a great proponent of the bow arm - been playing with the push to target on release since then - so far so good - my experience to date is that it needs a really deep & solid thumb base into the grip with a relaxed hand to work ... & work on & work on - M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts