Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're not too busy and I notice the only other guy in the main room is shooting a longbow and a recurve. Also notice he's shooting small targets - and shooting them well.
I shoot for a while and have to go ask a question about his recurve. Those limbs have a profile that I've seen here on TT. Borders? Yup. He mentions he bought them off someone on Trad Talk. Somewhere in the conversation he says he just moved to Salt Lake City from the Tulsa Oklahoma area. He prefers shooting 3D and brings up IBO. May be traveling to shoot an upcoming IBO event, we talk bows etc and go back to shooting.
When he's ready to leave I make a smart ass comment: "so who's name should I be looking for on the IBO scoreboard". He chuckled and introduced himself as Ryan Ramsey. No clue yet on my part until I get back to the hotel and google his name and IBO...
Ryan it was a pleasure meeting you!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Rusty, Since a few other shooters came in, I didn't want to emabarrass him by offering a few of my pointers...

Oh, I also noticed quite a few other names familier here on TT listed in that google search.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
A few pointer would be fine. Just takes my advise and don't put any money on the butt. The guy got ice water in his veins :)

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I didn't want to emabarrass him by offering a few of my pointers...
A few years ago I had some guy ask me about my Saluki at a tourney and told him it was a great bow but needed really good Form to get the best out of it, he then proceeded to help me out by giving me a lecture of what good Form is, a bunch of people who knew me standing behind him laughing/smiling while I bit my lip, being very polite by smiling and nodding in agreement to let him finish ;)

I'm sure at some point in our shooting we have done it to some good shot we didn't know who they were in our eagerness to help others, I now make a point of not giving advice at shoots unless requested, you just don't know who you're talking too :cheers:

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Yup, we certainly are blessed with top archers on here.

Rumour has it there's one from the Southern part of Africa as well! ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heck, I went back last night hoping he was there so I could pay better attention!
No such luck...

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
Those cheaters also carefully match their arrows to their bow for accuracy (and don't fret too much about raw arrow speed).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Jay, it's great meeting a new face with the same passion...

Hopefully we'll be able to shoot a little longer before the crowd shows up.
Looking forward to it.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Easton is opening their new training center in SLC on April 12. I was debating coming up to see the facilities.

dave

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
If you pass gas and scratch things while he is shooting it distracts him

Ryan, Sandy and Beck sure are getting lazy with you gone

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ryan, I hope you weren't moved to Salt Lake City on a witness protection program...
I may have blown your cover!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts