Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Back when I was . . . younger . . . shotgunning for ducks by foot hunting along the riverbank's reedbeds, we called it jump shooting. You can nail 'em that way, long as you just react without thinking atall. Haven't tried it yet with a bow.

Regards,

Salskov

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to kind of snap shoot but did actually touch to anchor before the shot. I changed all that so I could aim deliberately with an aiming method.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
More like a touch point. But they don't seem to consistently hit it.

-Grant

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Where has Jinks been lately? You know the old saying, it's not how you do it that matters, it's doing it the same way consistently that puts the arrows in a group. I'm kinda with Jinks in this mental game. No I don't snap shoot like him, but it does get frustrating holding and aiming. I just got in from sorting out gaps on my 3d bow. I hold, aim, flinch, etc and shoot groups I'm not happy with. The bow feels heavy compared to my silky smooth sky limbs I shot indoors. For giggles I layed the bow over on a can't and just walked back shooting arrows and looking at the spot, not the gap. Dang if I didn't shoot much better groups. It's frustrating cause I haven't really shot this bow like that and it's more accurate then when I try to aim.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Nobody is faster then this guy, and he is far from hitting any anchor or keeping his string hand relaxed. :D

Reactions: AMB

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
So far, the best group I can get is by pointing/aiming before I draw, then I draw straight back and as soon as my middle finger touches the corner of my mouth I release. Seems to work at any range out to 35 yards. Was hitting a groundhog target yesterday like this consistently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
what you stare at the target for 5 secs burning a hole then draw fast and release, wouldn't the Hare be long gone, I find it better to do my aiming a anchor rather than before I draw the bow :p
If he stood there 5 second..... he be dead. The shot I was referring to is a draw while raise the bow. When it gets to full draw the arrow is gone. All one continues motion. You can not look at the rabbit are you shoot three feet behind him. I guess I look at the intersection??? some things you don't analyze. Just do it.....a lot

One of my favorite shoots is rolling old tires down a hill. If you make a little ramp when it comes by you it can be air born. I call it the flying pig.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
I do the best on snowshoe hares hunting dead slow and looking for eyes. I didn't start killing them regular until I started string walking - they think I can't see them until Pow right in the eye - too bad they taste like butt.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.