Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking, LOL, I call myself an instinctive shooter, yet I realize that my mind is recalling "a view" of my sight picture and applying it to the shot. Basically, a sight picture for a sight. So, if I narrowed my field of view horizontally, making my sight window smaller, only a little larger than needed, I could help my "mind sights" by making the refference points smaller. I recently switched to 3 under so therefore I have wasted sight window. Thoughts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I was thinking, LOL, I call myself an instinctive shooter, yet I realize that my mind is recalling "a view" of my sight picture and applying it to the shot. Basically, a sight picture for a sight. So, if I narrowed my field of view horizontally, making my sight window smaller, only a little larger than needed, I could help my "mind sights" by making the refference points smaller. I recently switched to 3 under so therefore I have wasted sight window. Thoughts
Some folks do prefer a smaller sight window, seems that it "Frames Up" the target a bit better for them...I like it on a Hunting bow....Jim

·
j-san = Jason
1,684 Posts
Some folks do prefer a smaller sight window, seems that it "Frames Up" the target a bit better for them...I like it on a Hunting bow....Jim
I would be one of those people. I have a 13" Dryad riser that frames up my sight picture wonderfully.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I just bought a 25 inch Sky Conquest riser which works well for short draws. The riser has a large site window and I found myself shooting it better than my shorter site window bows. Just my experience I wouldn't hesitate to wax the riser and use it during hunting season. Ps. The Sky risers are really nice.

·
Super Moderator
7,978 Posts
i'm in the long sight window line also. a short window restricts total vision way too much for the way i use the riser and arrow to aim. i always made my windows as long as possible on any bow i made myself to hunt with.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I don't see my riser,,,;^)

Ok,,,I see my riser, but I don't see it as far as sight window size is concerned.

What I see is the amount of cant on the side plate.
Any at all by the time I hit full draw and I let down, reset my hand on the bow and redraw.

The actual size of the sight window doesn't matter for me.

John.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
The actual size of the sight window doesn't really matter to me at all. When aiming, I reference the arrow, not the riser. Having said that, referencing the riser below the arrow does come in handy for longer distances. Whatever works for you. YMMV

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
For someone like me that has generally large gaps to deal with having a sight window which sets a max-gap limit would be beneficial for sure.

-Grant

Reactions: Sid
1 - 14 of 14 Posts