Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would a small diameter arrow such as a Easton Carbon One perform in a longbow cut to center? I have someone local that had some shafts he wanted to get rid of with a price hard to pass up.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I use ce predator ll's out of mine, so do about 45 others in my club. They work pretty darn good

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
My brother was having a hard time getting good flight with his wooden arrows out of his ACS longbow. For fun we tried some 450 CX Nano Pros and were amazed at how well they worked.

More recently, I have been shooting size 300 Victory VAPs with 315 grain field points and they work great with my TAC 19 / Dryad Legand ACS CG longbow off the shelf with simple velcro. I really like the VAP arrows.

Rasyad

·
Registered
245 Posts
I shot some Beman 600s with my Blacktail. To quote j-San, they flew like lasers. That is using an under spined arrow for my bow 45#. I am ordering Easton Axis Traditionals (400s) for that exact reason. The thinner profile is phenomenal.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
I have shot the old style "skinny" carbons AFC/Bemaan/whoever made them for Cabelas of of longbows as my preference for many years. These are the type that used "outserts" for the tips. I don't think anyone still makes and sells them.

I do this for several reasons
First the small diameter usually a 1/4 inch or less works a lot better off the very narrow shelves of many long bows and even some asiatic style bows.

Second I found that the had incredible penetration. far better that equal weight and stiffness arrows of standard diameter. It was like the larger diameter tip plowed a bigger hole that the smaller shaft slipped through with very little friction drag to brake and slow it down.

Third I was able to pick up the whole shop inventory of shafting and tip/nock outserts REAL cheap from a shop that was having a going out of business sale:D:D:D

Reactions: aroadik
1 - 8 of 8 Posts