Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
I've tried most of the top longbow limbs, ALL REAL GOOD.
Not a lot of science to my methods, buy-shoot - test- change strings - mess with brace, repeat - sell - - REPEAT PROCESS.
I prefer a low brace height and the current SKY double-carbon & bamboo limbs seem to run better at 6.5" than some others that I've had.....& are smooth & quick.
Mine border on 50#, I also had a SKY set around 40# and they were also real nice.

·
markliep
687 Posts
Have the tr7 x2carbon-boo cores on my oly set up - closest "competitors" I have to them are border cvs - the draw on the sky is smooth all thecway through to my 31" DL vs the cvs which have a bit more preload & a tiny let off at anchor - sky's feel softer & need a softer spine vs the cvs which feel snappier & are faster/need a stiffer spine - both are keepers - don't think you can go wrong with the Sky's - M

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I have the xccb which are double carbon bamboo(fairly certain they are what Jim calls the Tr7 now) recurve limbs. Limbwalker on AT also has a set and speaks highly of them. They are the smoothest limbs I've shot, and seem very forgiving. I shot a set of his longbow limbs for a few shots and they also were impressive.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've got 4 sets of the double carbon bamboo and 1 set of the carbon foams...all are really nice good speed not blistering fast but super easy to shoot.

I've shot my best scores with the Bamboos on paper 298-37X shot that twice and can shoot 290s without trying too hard....much easier than my F7s

Can't go wrong with SKY Products...I've even got a set of his el cheapo Camo hunting limbs and they are awesome...

Dewayne Martin

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I've got 4 sets of the double carbon bamboo and 1 set of the carbon foams...all are really nice good speed not blistering fast but super easy to shoot.

I've shot my best scores with the Bamboos on paper 298-37X shot that twice and can shoot 290s without trying too hard....much easier than my F7s

Can't go wrong with SKY Products...I've even got a set of his el cheapo Camo hunting limbs and they are awesome...

Dewayne Martin
Dewayne...Is Jim B. still building the Formula limb design??...Thanks....Jim

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have 3 sets...2 Recurve, 1 Longbow. They are smooth, reasonably fast and very, very consistent.

I don't know if there is a such thing as best. I will go as far to say that I prefer them to my Quattros as feel goes.

Haven't shot my Uukha VX's yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the feedback, ended up ordering Med ILF limbs glass with bamboo core.
Going on a 17" Tradtech riser, hope to have them by the Denton Hill shoot. Want to give them a good workout

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.