Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always liked the fall camo pattern that Earl Hoyt put on his Hoyt and Sky bows. I decided to give it a shot. I used yellow, red, rust and brown. My daughter made me maple leaf stencils in 3 sizes and I layered the colors and leaves to give it kind of a 3-D appearance. To me, they look like the forest floor in the fall.

·
Premium Member
12,274 Posts
pretty stinking Wile E. Coyote ingenious, good job CHIP it's looking great.

Reactions: Biblethumpncop

·
Premium Member
12,274 Posts
CHIP that looks amazing. Nice job.
On a sunny day in the timber with all the patterns & shadows on the ground you will lose it & I will come tripping through the IDAHO woods and stumble on it.
Mine mine mine.

Reactions: Biblethumpncop

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! I started with a matte, light yellow, then added matte red stripes randomly. My daughter used her craft Cricut machine to make me maple leaf stencils. I put a little double back tape on them to hold them in place and then randomly put them on the limbs in different directions and spacing.

I then painted the rust primer over everything and let it dry. I kept the stencils in place and put more stencils on, partially overlapping the existing stencils. I then sprayed some flat brown in places, which contrasted with the rust and the lighter colors. When I pulled all the stencils off, I got the layered look I wanted.

I sprayed a matte clear over everything and I'm very pleased with the results.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts