Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My very first post on TT was in the classified section listing my Skyhawk recurve. I decided to let my son buy (inherit) it shortly after posting.

A couple of people on this site suggested I try to find lighter limbs for my bow, since this was the reason I was selling. I had not been shooting regularly for over 20 years.

Well this got me thinking and I started re-searching for limbs. My search got me in touch with Sandra & Jim Belcher to see if they had any of the old skyhawk limbs left, or were they able to make a set. Well they didn't have any old stock of limbs, but suggested that they could re-work my existing limbs and take up to 10% of the weight off of them. They would then re-finish my bow and ship it back to me.

I got off the phone today with Jim and my 50# limbs pulled 54# at 28". He was able to get them to 47# and my bow is in the re-finishing booth now.

I will post some pictures when my bow makes it home and I am very excited to be shooting my Skyhawk very soon.

Oh and my son, he can wait until I can no longer pull 47# back to get his bow. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Jim and Sandra Belcher are first class people, always willing to take care of the customer. I have no doubt Jim could make you a lighter set of limbs down the road, tell your son he better plan to get his own bow. Lol

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Jim and Sandra are salt of the earth....I talk with Sandra at least every week...they build awesome limbs,risers and Jim is a shooter....he knows what a great product is and what it supposed to feel like...unlike so many bowyers.

Dewayne

Reactions: Jon Lewis

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Jim and Sandra are salt of the earth....I talk with Sandra at least every week...they build awesome limbs,risers and Jim is a shooter....he knows what a great product is and what it supposed to feel like...unlike so many bowyers.

Dewayne
True words DeWayne. Too many bowyers have an understanding of their product but not of the demands of the archers. Jim really knows his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
markliep
687 Posts
Love what dryads done with boo in my epic limbs & what borders done with carbon in my cvs limbs so I'm impatiently waiting to see what sky does with the carbon boo xccb limbs I have on order... M

·
j-san = Jason
1,671 Posts
The Belchers really know what they are talking about. I did have a nice chat with Sandra regarding the TDX riser and longbow limbs I had in mind when putting together my ILF longbow. My TDX13 and XL XGCF limbs make a killer ILF longbow - just as she said it would be.

·
Premium Member
12,103 Posts
2 years ago I visited with both Jim & Sandra Belcher several times on the phone, regarding some NOS (Earl) SKY Conquest limbs I eventually ended up buying from them......both Jim & Sandra were extremely helpful to me. Great folks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts