Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I got the short one on my DAS.Did not do it for balence but for the extra vibration absorbtion.All I have to do is pick up and shoot another bow and go back to the DAS to see how well it works.It is the most dead in the hand bow I have ever shot no matter the arrow weight.David is sending me one of the weights that fills the whole in the riser along with my newly painted limbs and I think that will pretty much finish off the DAS bow for me. I really can't think of any way to possible make it any better without putting longbow limbs on it. ;)

·
Registered
807 Posts
James Wrenn said:
I got the short one on my DAS.Did not do it for balence but for the extra vibration absorbtion.All I have to do is pick up and shoot another bow and go back to the DAS to see how well it works.It is the most dead in the hand bow I have ever shot no matter the arrow weight.David is sending me one of the weights that fills the whole in the riser along with my newly painted limbs and I think that will pretty much finish off the DAS bow for me. I really can't think of any way to possible make it any better without putting longbow limbs on it. ;)
James,

GASP!!! Did you really say longbow limbs??? ;) :D :lol:

Bill

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
When I got my Browning compound it sounded like a sick harp. Then I put some limbsavers on it. That helped a little. Then I made some string poofies out of yarn. That helped a little more. Then I bummed my friend's S-coil stabilizer for a while and shot with that. That made all the difference in the world. All you hear is a light, dull thump now when I shoot it. I'm sold. My freind wanted me to use it for a while hoping that I'd get rid of the smell it has. I can't smell it. He says it stinks like a rubber eraser and won't take it out in the woods.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Feral Donkey said:
.... My friend wanted me to use it for a while hoping that I'd get rid of the smell it has. I can't smell it. He says it stinks like a rubber eraser and won't take it out in the woods.
Uh-ohhhh.... never thought about that. I'm picky as all get out when it comes to hunting and foreign smells. Maybe if I leave it outside for a month???

Seriously, that has me doubtful now. Anybody else notice a rubbery smell that won't go away?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't you guys ever had a pair of rubber boots where the smell never went away? Had some old style waders years ago that were like that.

Yea right, doe pee in November... now who's the hunted? LOL

Better than skunk or ****, I guess. Never did like using cover scents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts