Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had the first set using the cresting machine, for an American friend of mine, let me know what yall think, n maybe share some pics of our arrows

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

·
Registered
302 Posts
My first two attempts at cresting.

Attachments

Reactions: drummo

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice really like the second set..

Did you dip them for the final seal coat? I didn't have a dipper n it was havoc with the silver pins stripes coming off when brushing on the clear coat.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I stained the bottom blue then stained the top black on the first set. On the second set I used blue, red and black stain. Three coats of clear Gasket Lacquer then crested. I used a final clear coat of Gasket Lacquer to seal the cresting.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The arrow I am currently working on I tried using a walnut stain and then using white gasket lacquer. Was not that thrilled with how many coats it took to get good coverage. Here is the first still got another 11 to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The arrow I am currently working on I tried using a walnut stain and then using white gasket lacquer. Was not that thrilled with how many coats it took to get good coverage. Here is the first still got another 11 to go.
Yeah but the one looks so gooood lol,
It does take an age took me most of the week to do six, Be proper wounded if I brake one tomorrow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.