Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my BoxingDay bow for the first time today at the local 20m indoor range.
About 45mins into it I let an arrow fly and heard a crunching sound. The tip of the second was seated perfectly into the first arrow's shaft. My first Robin Hood! Looked cool but cost me an arrow and don't need it to happen again :)

Here's a crappy cell phone pic but you can see the nock of the first arrow crushed and the shaft/feathers splitting.
Anyone else want to share their pics.....

· Registered
25 Posts
I have 39 of them. Pictures of a few but if you’ve seen one... I actually saw one done on purpose... Darrell Pace was on Johnny Carson, who by the way was an accomplished archer himself, anyway they set up a target with an arrow in the bull with the nock removed. Pace’s first shot was close the second shot was down the pipe! Now that was impressive.

· Civil but Disobedient
10,910 Posts
I have had a few but no pictures. There are two that were notable.

I had a Robin Hood at 90 meters during warmup ends for a FITA target shoot. The arrows were in the blue six ring, which is still pretty good with a barebow at that distance. One arrow pushed the other through the target.

The other was a Robin Hood in the Ten Ring at 20 yards during scoring rounds of a Senior Games tournament.

My first two Robin Hood's occurred on the same day. I got the first with a compound finger bow in the morning, and the second with a barebow in the afternoon. Both were at 18 meters at my local indoor range. They weren't during tournaments, so they are not as noteworthy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts