Trad Talk Forums banner

Should Border bring back the plaid?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sid,

I miss the plaid. Not like missing the picture of Matt with the fish. Brown limbs with the plaid logo screamed out to the world that Border limbs are unique, and that Border is not afraid to blaze their own trail. Who else would paint their limbs brown? Who else would have the confidence to sell limbs that went better with a kilt than Olympic whites? I am going give Tradtalker's the opportunity to voice their opinions. Should Border bring back the plaid?

See below. I claim that the Golden Age of Border paint jobs is the plaid CXB, HEX4, and HEX5 in the picture below. Do you agree?

The last picture is my family plaid. How would green plaid look on a limb?

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
I don't know about the plaid but the Borders Texas Specials were outstanding. Had my beloved State, a wild pig and a yellow rose of Texas Osage tree. Can it get any better

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw Alan's limbs this past weekend. They looked great, and shot great to. Alan seemed to hit what he was pointing at.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
I love the old Border script and the knotwork, those would look amazing together.

Maybe a set of clearcoat with the oldschool Border script in my family tartan? That will be MacDonald Ancient (hunting).

-Grant

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,511 Posts
I like the plaid logo and the old script so I hope they'll remain as an option.

A slight variation in the script to denote modernity would be acceptable if done tastefully and I gave prior approval..... ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe a set of clearcoat with the oldschool Border script in my family tartan? That will be MacDonald Ancient (hunting).

-Grant[/QUOTE]

Don't think Border have the right Tartan Paint

·
Registered
5,581 Posts

-Grant

Don't think Border have the right Tartan Paint[/QUOTE]

no, but we have sky hooks, and holes for 9" nails!

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I like the plaid, but didn't know it was plaid. I also like the new parallel curved lines. These guys make some cool stuff!

·
ryan brodrick
2,128 Posts
I always thought the plaid was a depiction of the angled/bias carbon

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sid,

I miss the plaid. Not like missing the picture of Matt with the fish. Brown limbs with the plaid logo screamed out to the world that Border limbs are unique, and that Border is not afraid to blaze their own trail. Who else would paint their limbs brown? Who else would have the confidence to sell limbs that went better with a kilt than Olympic whites? I am going give Tradtalker's the opportunity to voice their opinions. Should Border bring back the plaid?

See below. I claim that the Golden Age of Border paint jobs is the plaid CXB, HEX4, and HEX5 in the picture below. Do you agree?

The last picture is my family plaid. How would green plaid look on a limb?

I don't have strong feelings about the plaid but I do prefer the type font shown here on the Hex 4&5. Very "Lord of the Rings"ish. I like it!

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I really like the classic Border font and the celtic knot graphic.

Rasyad

·
Registered
6,304 Posts

Don't think Border have the right Tartan Paint
Just like that but only the "Border" in tartan, I'd have the rest of the logo in matte black.

Might be difficult to execute but extremely slick.

-Grant

1 - 20 of 33 Posts