Trad Talk Forums banner

Shooting with my little man

Tags
man shooting
3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  13033 
#1 ·
The big kids had other commitments so it was just Leo, myself and my shooting buddy Mike. We hopped over the divide and shot the bitterroot archers shoot in Cataldo Idaho.

Just working on hitting a consistent anchor and getting some semblance of alignment.

Not bad for a 7 year old - but try explaining to a 7 year old that a "good" shot doesn't always hit the spot. Leo improved a ton as the day went on his rounds were 15-23-43-60. He was bummed when we hit target 40 ;-)

It was a great day in the woods with kids and friends. I shot a fairly good round with just 3 5s over 40 targets. The 5s came from bad yardage errors I need to spend some time wandering with a range finder again.

See less See more
#7 ·
Very cool Matt and some great shooting. Taking my little boy tomorrow. He just got home last weekend after 3 1/2 years in the Army. Of course he's big enough to pack me around. 8" taller and about 120lbs heavier. Probably the mailman's kid but he's been around long enough I guess I'll keep him.

#11 ·
Good stuff Matt, my daughter and I started shooting when she was7 I tried at 5but she just couldn't get it back....

Thanks for the pics...

Dewayne

#13 ·
Very cool. I remember when my son was that little and loved going to shoots. Now he is 17 and archery is not "cool" to him.:)

I hope he comes back to it someday.

#14 ·
Sensible fellow, Leo, wears footwear. Looks like a great open KSL stance in the first picture. Young enough to pull it off. :)

#19 ·
Matt, if you don't mind me asking, what bow is your boy shooting? I have a g-son who turns 7 this week. I have been looking around for a wood bow for him. He's been shooting a fiberglass bow for a while that his dad bought for him. He needs a real bow now. Thanks.
God bless, José

#21 ·
My "little man" is coming back to archery.

Shot about 200 arrows a day, from 14 to16

Went off to college on a baseball (pitcher scholarship).

Tore up his rotator cuff and never shot again in over 20 years.

Last night, I was drawing my bow (70# @ 30 inches.)

He picked it up and tried it.

Drew it back to his ear lobe, at least 75 pounds!

42 years old and back into archery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.