Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there doing this? Tried ausie hold (down under) didn't like it. Three fingers split has always given me a crescent moon shaped callus on my ring finger. (this received a nasty comment form Rod Jenkins, under his breath.) (funny guy) Two fingers split feels JUST WRIGHT. I seem to get a cleaner release this way too. Soooo...now what do I do with my tab? I've played with tucking my ring finger underneath the tab? Should I just cut the third finger part of the tab off? No Rod , I don't want you to cut that finger off for me, thanks for the offer though. Or does this callus suggest a form problem that I should try to correct?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You can try drawing with all three fingers, then dropping the ring finger off the string, or at least trying to get it relaxed enough that it isnt making contact with the string.....Also, check You drawing arm elbow height...If it's too high, this can lead to more pressure on the ring finger, causing the callous on that finger....Hope this helps Ya out......Jim

·
Podunk
478 Posts
Anybody out there doing this? Tried ausie hold (down under) didn't like it. Three fingers split has always given me a crescent moon shaped callus on my ring finger. (this received a nasty comment form Rod Jenkins, under his breath.) (funny guy) Two fingers split feels JUST WRIGHT. I seem to get a cleaner release this way too. Soooo...now what do I do with my tab? I've played with tucking my ring finger underneath the tab? Should I just cut the third finger part of the tab off? No Rod , I don't want you to cut that finger off for me, thanks for the offer though. Or does this callus suggest a form problem that I should try to correct?
Jim just described Butch Johnson's method.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
How long did you try 2-under for?

-Grant

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Jim just described Butch Johnson's method.
Paul....Two fingers split is how I shoot my Compound Finger bows...It's also how I know that elbow too high can cause a ring finger callous...;)....Take care......P.S....How is Butch Johnson doing these days...Haven't heard much about Him lately, except that he is shooting a Win & Win bow now...Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well poop, just typed in a paragraph and the site kicked it out told me to log in and refresh page. Was already logged in, just a slow typer. Out of time now so will respond tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts