Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several days of shooting, I'm finding that I don't much care for my current shooting glove and am seeking advice on a new one. I prefer the full palm and have not yet tried the style with the nylon on the tips. Any opinions appreciated.

· Registered
82 Posts
Everyone seems to have an opinion on shooting gloves because fit and feel are different for each individual. The only thing I can offer is that I've tried most of them and found for me the Duraglove and older Berlin deerskin gloves felt more comfortable and are a good value.
Fred

· Registered
9,829 Posts
I use a tab, it gives me more contact and a more satisfying release. (grin)
I agree. I usually doze off after only a few arrows.......I much prefer a cordovan tab with a string index seam/shelf like the ones Black Widow offers. Not sure if they still have the cordovan though.

Gloves usually develop a groove that affects release negatively in my experience. The best glove I've used however is this one.

http://www.alaskabowhunting.com/SuperGlove-P7C11.aspx

· Barefaced tightropewalker
8,517 Posts
Shooting gloves are like sex while wearing a condom. I never did enjoy that much.
I use a tab, it gives me more contact and a more satisfying release. (grin)
Puts your signature in a whole new light.......

Reactions: Bowcephalus

· Registered
106 Posts
I really like the duraglove. I have the full shot also and while it is constructed wonderfully, the nylon on the fingers is so thick there is little feel. The duraglove really hurt my fingers until I turned the fingers inside out and trimmed the inner seams. I also then treated it with neats foot oil. It is great for me and it is indestructible.

· Registered
72 Posts
For mid-lower weight bows, I like a Damascus glove because I like to get a feel of the string without the sting.
As for tabs, I have not tried them

Maybe a 3 under tab user might be able to answer me this. Is a 3 under tab more forgiving as far as equal weight distribution per finger since it uses one surface area instead of a glove which uses 3?

· Barefaced tightropewalker
8,517 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.