Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been blessed with three lovely daughters

This is how I know god has a sense of humor :)

My oldest who shot the most and would even come to a shoot on occasion is off in college so I have to contend with my 9 and 11 year old

They have both been shooting since about 4 or 5 and are both decent shots

Seems with their busy schedules the 11 year old plays Basketball for the 5th and 6th plus a club team , volleyball and track and field

The 9 year old who plays 3 rd grade basketball, track and field

also won districts in the 100 and 400

Point is they are busy and I am having trouble getting them to shoot so.....................I have resorted to bribery

We have been swamped with snow so I get home fairly late

If they are done their homework I coax them to a few rounds of shooting for dollars

I can shoot out to 15 yards in my basement garage

I'll lay 4 ones on my bench and tack another up on a block target

They shoot at ten and I shoot at 13 yds

And yes some nights they are beating me

By the end of the night I get most my money back but its good fun and the couple bucks I loose here and there is well spent

The time with my kids before they grow up so quickly and my much needed form practice is well worth the price of admission

So if any of you dads are looking for some shooting buddies don't over look bribery :)

]

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Nice job sir, I feel fortunate that I learned early that making a living has to come second to making a life.....

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,514 Posts
I should have had my two sons shoot for homework...Wonder if that would have worked?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well JP what do you expect? Your form sucks. Lol :D
You said it!!!

With three daughters how do you have any money anyhow....just one keeps me broke....

Dewayne

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
See, you just can't beat a good archer that's using conventional limbs, that's your problem 😉
I agree with the guys, I've got one teenage daughter and I'm broke all the time but it looks like great family fun for all of you 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
赛
614 Posts
. . . given that the younger one is showing pretty nice three-under form already, I'd say that your cash reserves are gonna be in deep hooey sooner rather than later . . .

:cool:

Regards,

Salskov

·
Premium Member
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
. . . given that the younger one is showing pretty nice three-under form already, I'd say that your cash reserves are gonna be in deep hooey sooner rather than later . . .

:cool:

Regards,

Salskov
Lilly says thank you :) and so do I

·
j-san = Jason
1,671 Posts
My son is currently 4 months old and just started figuring out how to use his hands. I can't wait till he gets older and I can teach him how to shoot.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts