Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, could someone point me in the right direction for learning to shoot 3 under? Maybe a book or article? I did look at the fav's section and gleaned some info about setting up the bow. Will 3 under work at longer ranges like the 80 yard field target? Thanks, Tom M

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would suggest just jumping head first and giving it a shot. As for the 80 yard I'm sure it would but I prefer split and a low anchor for something that far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
What is your current point-on shooting split?
Generally going to 3 under will drop that a good 20yds or so with smaller maximum gap. Shooting longer distance isn't an issue so long as you are comfortable holding over?

-Grant

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Buy a 3-under Bateman tab and go for it. I don't shot long range/field but it cleaned up my close-in shooting a lot. My anchor is a bit lower so it violates the commandments of the church of instinctive, but I hit more ;-)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the info. Looks like I need to know my point on with the bow I intend to use. I also need to get the correct tab. I wonder if I can convert a Calv. Elite? If not I do not mind buying a new one.
"Just do it" will more than likely be the way I start. I was wondering about anchor point, sight picture, what I should see or be looking for.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I shoot 3 under with a Cav Elite, never caused me a problem.

-Grant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts