Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
wolf, I went to 3under about 15-20yrs ago. Most of my bows don't have the ability to change tiller… and I do just fine. With the couple DAS bows I have I found that (quite coincidently) zero tiller is just fine on them as well…. Hope that helps.

Tom
PS- how ya aim isn't a factor in shooting effectively 3under… other than it lower your point on yardage.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I agree with the others, all of my bows are tillered split but work fine for three under (I've tried it). Would they work better if they were tillered even? I don't know, I shoot split...;)

I've read bowyers say if they know the customer is a three under shooter they send the bow out with zero/even tiller.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mine all shoot fine three under and some are tiller for split others even. It might be a little noisier at first but easily tuned out with cat whiskers etc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Spearhead
3,579 Posts
I also shoot split and set tiller even, hold and groups are better for me.
On a bow order they ask (tiller split finger or 3 under) I call the bowyer and tell them even tiller, if they ask which I shoot still, the order is over.
Not being an ass I just know what I prefer and if the bowyer wants to build a bow that is a positive tiller just because I shoot split finger, that bowyer isn't for me.
Just to clarify I placed an order (see put on list) for a 3 piece takedown, non ilf bow.
I called the bowyer for choice of wood and such, he asked split or 3 under, told him I want an even tiller, his response "no problem" now the wait begins.

Chad

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I shoot 3/8" positive tiller on my ILF bows and I shoot split....seems like the bow just holds in the dot better without creeping higher.

I've shot all and right now it's 3/8" for me.

Dewayne Martin

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Generally, bows not even tiller still shoot three under, but a bit higher nock point to compensate. Not a big deal. You want to set nock point for best flight anyway.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
What wstrayer said.

Any bow will change tiller as you adjust your nock point.

My one piece bow has it's nock point around a quarter inch higher than my three piece bows, which in effect gives it the same tiller as the three piece bows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts