Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to place an online order as there are no archery supply stores in my area, (closest 50 mi away) I have found the shipping is a little costly. 3 Rivers and Lancaster's shipping is roughly 10% of the total spent. My Question is are there other supply/sites that ppl on here have found trustworthy that might have better rates? The things I want to order are small, (ie) spare string, flu-flu feathers, 3 under tab, blunts/judos, maybe a few more arrows. Oh and an arm guard (ouch).
:thankyou:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never found Lancasters domestic shipping costs high but look at Kustom King archery too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jon, I ordered by bow, a stringer and glove from Lancaster and didn't mind the shipping, it was prompt and everything was not backordered. I will look at KK thanks

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
LAS is free when you spend more than $250. Get some friends together and place a combined order.

-Grant

·
Registered
649 Posts
Lancaster has flat 4.99 shipping this month I think.

Reactions: creeper

·
Registered
414 Posts
You guys know nothing of shipping costs or travel. Out nearest archery store is 1200 miles away and international shipping is often 20 to 30 % of the order. If I had an archery store a mere 50 miles away, I would be going every week. I just go ahead and order from 3 Rivers anyway. Reliable and we are going to get killed on the exchange and shipping anyway so WTH? You southerners are just soft and spoiled :).

·
Registered
7,124 Posts
I agree with Rob.....we are the kings of internet shopping and getting ppl to help us out. Matt has helped me out more than once in this regard....

I don't mind paying some money to get things into our country AS LONG as it's available in our country, but when it isn't then we shouldn't get hammered the way we do.

Don't even get me started on the exchange rates either......10% are you kidding me....our deficit is like a drop int he bucket compared to the US and our dollar is worth less.....it's manipulated thats the only logical answer and it sucks...jer

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Our 'local' archery shops have practically nothing for the recurve shooter. Everything is compound-oriented. I split between Lancaster and 3 Rivers. Great service from both, and shipping charges are reasonable.
(I used to work in shipping/receiving, so I have a fair idea of costs.)

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
You guys know nothing of shipping costs or travel. Out nearest archery store is 1200 miles away and international shipping is often 20 to 30 % of the order. If I had an archery store a mere 50 miles away, I would be going every week. I just go ahead and order from 3 Rivers anyway. Reliable and we are going to get killed on the exchange and shipping anyway so WTH? You southerners are just soft and spoiled :).
I dont think it has anything to do with where ya live Rob. I drive 86 miles to work one way(1.5hrs), so a 50mile trip is nothing. However that being said, I work with people that tell me a 20minute trip is too far of a drive. :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I dont think it has anything to do with where ya live Rob. I drive 86 miles to work one way(1.5hrs), so a 50mile trip is nothing. However that being said, I work with people that tell me a 20minute trip is too far of a drive. :lol:
I just find the further South you go, the more distance becomes this big issue. We lived on one of the Gulf Islands for a winter. I often drove around the island twice a day, about an hour for the loop, to get my one year old to sleep. But we had friends who thought the 15 minute drive to our end of the island was too far. We have to drive forty minutes to get to the next small town, five hours to get to one with a population over 500, so we think nothing of an hour. And, like Jer said, we are the kings of internet shopping and so incredibly grateful for good delivery services. That would exclude Canada Post.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Jer and Rob,

If you guys every need anything fire me off a PM. I've got addresses on both sides and I'm back and forth all the time. I've stopped even bothering to get anything sent to my Canadian address.

-Grant

·
Registered
414 Posts
Jer and Rob,

If you guys every need anything fire me off a PM. I've got addresses on both sides and I'm back and forth all the time. I've stopped even bothering to get anything sent to my Canadian address.

-Grant
Wow. Thanks Grant. But we still have to get it up here. Mind you, I am down your way often enough that it could just work out. In fact, I'll be in Nanaimo/victoria area first week of June. Up for a shoot?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.