Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I strung it up yesterday and got some shots through it. Shoots very nice. I got some very nice 4" groups at 20 yards... And some not so nice groups lol. Still trying to find the sweet spot for the brace height... Seems to like around 9". Still has a bit of a tingy sound to it. Probably because its so light. Overall for a bow made 45 years ago, I am pretty impressed. It is very very fast for 45#.

· markliep
687 Posts
Had one that I used in the forest stumping with hardware store hardwood dowel arrows - very fun bow for the price - when my form improved my DL grew & my geezer shoulder complained - sold it to a teenage girl with a much shorter DL who loved it for target work - the only vintage grip other than the one on the Hoyt Pro Medalist that I could trust to find that sweet spot on my thumb base - good catch - M

· Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I still have my Shakespeare Wonderbow THE MANCOS model x40 that I bought new in High School back in 1972. Strung with the original string it sits in the rack still waiting to fling an arrow or two. The Mancos was a less expensive version of your Necedah x30 and one of the last bows made by Shakespeare. Enjoy your new to you bow.

Rasyad

· Registered
8,995 Posts
String silencers and maybe felt padding where the string meets the limbs. Those risers (Goncalo Alves wood?) are eye candy for sure.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the 50# version. My dad can't draw it anymore and "let me use it." Over the last 5 months I've probably shot it all but 20 days I'd say. Was wanting to get some opinions on how this bow stacks up against others? Looking to get another bow in 55# or even 60#. Looking at a bear kodiak hunter 60" 55#. Can anyone provide a comparison of the super Necedah 54" 50# with the bear 60" 55#? Also, are newer bows such as the martin Jaguar a better shooter or is it all just preference?

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The x30 is better than the jaguar. If the x30 were to be sold as a new bow today it would be $400-500 in my opinion. That said the x30 is a short bow and it requires good form. If you make a mistake it will let you know. I would say the bow is on par with a Kodiak Mag.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.