Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this bow up in excellent condition at a garage sale for $25...how much is this bow worth? And did I get a good deal on it? Can't wait to shoot it. 45# and 62" length.

·
Premium Member
4,908 Posts
one of the best ways to establish a current market value on bows is to search through the various "for sale" sites like the Trade Blanket here. The bow sale area on the "Womens Archery" site, in spite of its name seems to be the premier traditional bow selling site. I believe there is a direct link to it in the "links" section on the page here. You can also do a search of archer stuff on Ebay.

This will give you an idea of what other people all over the country are asking for their bows. Local conditions sometimes have an impact too particularly for artisan-built bows.
As always its a willing/buyer/willing seller thing and lucky timing is critical. Having it posted for sale at the same time somebody who is wanting one, and activelylooking for it, is a matter of luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Shakespeare made decent medium priced bows. Loved their magazine ads as a youngster in the 1960's. I would guess your bow in the $75 to $125 range, but like the man said " you need a buyer with the cash". Enjoy that bow, you got it for a good price.:highfive:

·
Premium Member
4,908 Posts
I forget where you are located, but if you make it to Compton, or any of the other major regional shoots, there are usually a couple guys who regularly set up booths who deal in good used bows. not just collecticles or high end customs. Of course they are buying low and marking up, (and usually you can talk them down a little on their tagged price, especially if you wait until they are about to pack up on Sunday); but their general pricing can give you a better idea of "real world" values.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.