Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Mad Scientist
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some SF UP limbs pretty cheap, but they are 42# in shorts. First question, is this min or max wt? I get the impression it’s in the middle. If so then they are 44# max @ 28”. Going by the standard of +1#/in that is 52# @ 28” on a 17” riser. At my 26" draw these would be 47# (2.5#/in about right for these?). That’s a bit lower than I want, but does the +1#/in riser length formula assume the R/D of the risers are the same? What is the deflex of the 25” riser they are rated on? If its more than my 17” I might hit 50# @ 26” with these limbs? I know they run higher BH with 25” risers, I assume that because of more deflex? As far as the limbs know, less deflex just means they are drawn more, so the draw weight will be more at the same draw length.

·
Premium Member
12,784 Posts
MAT, if they are priced cheap, buy them and learn.
If wrong, sell 'em again.....and keep looking.
You can go crazy analyzing it up front.

·
The Mad Scientist
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, but it always pays to try and get it right the first time, and all the advice here is free! And most times it's correct too...

What I really need to know before I pull the trigger is where SF rate their limbs, min, max or mid? You'd think that would be easy to find out.

·
Registered
582 Posts
On the flute limbs I've owned and the pair my buddy has it seems like they rate them on the max setting or close to it. I had 42# limbs and they maybe maxed at 43. My buddy has 40's and same thing. Only get a pound or so over that at max pre load. Measured at 28"

Not sure if this is common to others experience.

Either way, those are great limbs. Haven't shot a set of flutes that weren't great shooters.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
The 5 sets I,ve owned all rated in the middle on 23" (sprigarelli) and 25"(s/f) risers, however, they differ by one pound from one model to another when labelled the same lb,s. eg. Ult Pro,s and Elite+
limb pad angle will also affect lb,s not all risers are the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.