Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was 24 hour on-call for work today (actually until 7 AM tomorrow morning) so I could not REALLY leave my house. I did sneak out to the gym (nearby) for a couple of hours, but I had my phone. I decided to take the time to setup my FITA bow for stringwalking. I took the tiller from +1/4, which I use for split finger long shots, to even, reserved my string, and tied on some nock locators, raising the nocking point higher than I normally shoot. I guess I am now committed to shooting field this year since my go to bow is no longer set up for the 90 and 70 meter FITA shots. It should be fun. I took a few practice shots with a 1 1/4 inch crawl. I had to really tighten down the plunger, and I was still going two inches to the left (weak side). I will have to work on that. I might even have to make a slight head position change. Tomorrow I am off to the field range to start the real tuning process and shoot a few target, though I won't be able to leave my house until 7 AM.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Go get em Hank!

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Hank,

You shoot with a low anchor and high wrist grip correct? If that is so you might find that a pretty heavy negative tiller is what you need.

-Grant

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grant,

I shoot corner of the mouth anchor but I am sure my arrow is low to my eye with the long PO's I get for FITA. I am going to start with nock point. My last stringwalking setup was negative tiller, using my Best Moon and Border CXB limbs. I am going to see what combination feels best to me. Already, the HEX6's are starting to feel pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts