Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been struggling to consistently reproduce my recurve form with my longbow. I had an inspiration during the California State Field a couple of weeks ago. I decided to put a Clickety Click on my old Samick longbow that I had replaced with my Falco. Now, my Samick is a form bow. Last summer I spent a couple of months shooting my recurve with a FITA style clicker and it really helped tighten up my form. The longbow is harder on the back end and takes a bit more focus to keep from collapsing. I just installed the Clickety Click today. The Samick is the same holding weight as the Falco. I think this will really help me work on my expansion with the longbow. I can already tell.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
What happens when you take it off or shoot another bow without one ?
I have this idea that if I was to set up a clicker on my bow and ingrain it's use during practice,but remove it for competition then something expected will be missing from the shot routine,with less than ideal results.

???????.
John.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to use it as a practice tool. Alternate between using the clicker and shooting without to make sure you can transfer the feel. That is what I did with the clicker on my recurve. I used a FITA style arrow clicker on my recurve so I could alternate with the same bow. In this case, I will practice with both my Samick and Falco. I am also remounting the clicker on my recurve to help with my preparation for FITA field in October.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.