Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My background comes from shooting high letoff compound bows with fingers for 3D tourneys. Trial and error is our greatest teacher. Back then, I would have never shot a braided string serveing. They were much, much more durable, yet the mono was slick. Holding a mere 10 to 12 lbs at full draw and getting a clean release is hard to master. But now , I am wondering why I would view it any different with a recurve. Every string I have has a braid serving????. Does anyone else shoot a mono serveing for this reason? I started to reserve a string or two this week... but then I figured why bother with 20+ year old serving.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I shoot mono. I use fishing line mono. The cheap stuff from Wal-Mart. $3 and you have a lifetime supply. A few more $ and you can a large variety of different diameters. Admittedly I do change strings frequently couple times a year, but after about 2 years of using it, I have yet to have any serving failures.

Fair warning. Some folks do have a tough getting mono to work for them, regardless of where they get it from.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.