Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dewayne has complete confidence right now and that is a powerful thing. It's more powerful than most folks realize. A very large portion of shooter are pretty sure they are going to hit close and hope they will hit a 10. Dewayne has been in a spot over the past couple of years where there is no doubt in his mind that he will hit a 10 and expects a good number of 11s. That confidence improves your form tremendously because he shoots every shot strong - with confidence. When you aren't sure you are more timid. You dwell in the land of "don't screw it up" versus "I'm going to hammer that 11!"

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Thanks Jimmy and Jason so many people confuse confidence with cocky and I never want to come across as being cocky.

I enjoy competing with everyone from the young and old to the good and the not so good...like Cal and Dimmer...LOL!!!

Dewayne

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
You guys finding an event summary somewhere? All I can find is individual scores.

Oh.... and congratulations, Jason. I should had you sign my hat after all, huh? :^)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dewayne shooting at 30 yards and under is no different than a RU shooter. His point is on the 10 at almost every target on the range. He may shoot at the top of the 10 or the center or bottom but he's on it. His style of shooting is about as good as it gets for gapping.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
And Dewayne put a beating on the RU guys from the same stake.....ouch!!!
Yeah we need to get that top score back in RU where it belongs.

But Dewayne's performance shows more than anything it's not the bow or the aiming style it's the shooter.

Matt

·
Registered
855 Posts
I was just checking the scores.Could somebody explain me what RU means as well al the other abbreviations that they have under tradworlds?

Reactions: bowhunter2232

·
Registered
855 Posts
Sorry if u guys have to do the bees n flowers talk but I have been shooting 3d recreational only the last couple years

·
Registered
855 Posts
It would be nice to participate in the next one.Does one need be IBO member or get qualified to partake?

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
I was just checking the scores.Could somebody explain me what RU means as well al the other abbreviations that they have under tradworlds?
RU is Recurve unaided -
12" stab
plunger and rest allowed
string-walking / face walking allowed

basically everything but a site.

Matt

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
FLB: Female Longbow
FREC: Female Recurve
LB: Longbow (wood arrows only, 25-yard max)
MLB: Modern Longbow (any arrows, 30-yard max)
PRM: Primitive (selfbows & wood arrows, 25-yard max)
REC: Recurve (no sting-walking, face-walking, stabilizers, clickers, elevated rests, plungers etc.)
RU: Recurve Unaided (the original I.B.O. recurve no-sights class, no sights or long stabilizers, but other than that run what you brung)
SLB: Senior Longbow
SRC: Senior Recurve
YU: Youth

1 - 20 of 42 Posts