Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the Bugscuffle ranch shoot and got blinded by a huge whitte wrinkled object. Cal was pulling up his short legs and walking toward me.

Good to see ya. Got a real selfbow ordered. Perhaps we can engage each other at a shoot after about four months

·
Registered
677 Posts
Cals white legs? Be enough to scar a man for life…..:lol:

·
Back Yard Hack
757 Posts
I told him next time we see him we are gonna hold him down & spray his legs with some of that cheap spray on tanning stuff. :p

Orange is much better than white. Don't y'all think? :D

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I told him next time we see him we are gonna hold him down & spray his legs with some of that cheap spray on tanning stuff. :p

Orange is much better than white. Don't y'all think? :D
Would only go with orange on one leg if we can put crimson and cream on the other. :)

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way Rick, 10 Okies went to Bugscuffle, 9 from Stratford, one from Tulsa.

We brought back 15 buckles. In modern longbow it was Jarmin, Shiloh and me, 1,2,3.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Mr Ryan…Graysquirrel… I know it's a bit off topic, but being a yankee from way up here in the armpit of the east (NJ) I'm not familiar with the origin of the Texas v Oklahoma rivalry. Would one (or both) of you gents please enlighten me?

PS- I'm hoping it's not simply a football thing but more "historical" and Hatfield/McCoy type thing :)

Tom

·
Registered
503 Posts
Bob is more of a historian than I am, but I'll take a shot at it. The first thing that comes to mind is football or course.

There is a serious argument over the OK-TEX border where it enters Lake Texoma that separates the two states. Kind of hard to determine in water. Not a big deal unless you are hunting or fishing and a license comes into play. They have a general Lake fishing license, but not sure about hunting. The TX game wardens usually are on the hunt for Okies if you get near TX waters. Been there.

TX and OK are always fussing over water rights. Tarrant County, Dallas/Fort Worth, have a pipeline to the lake for domestic water. If they draw the lake down too much during periods of drought, then the lake economy is affected.

Texas speed limits are more generous than in OK. Folks down there drive like their butt is on fire. Every time I see a rocket go by me on an OK interstate, it's got a TX tag, if you are quick enough to read it.

One of my major sales reps. lives in the Dallas area. I start in on him every chance I get. He gets mad, but we need each other, so I have the advantage over him. He's very touchy, so I go after him every chance I get. His son is a student at Oklahoma State University, and I never miss a chance to tell him that at least his son was smart enough to leave TX to get a real education.

There are some VERY good shooters in TX, Rusty and Rick come to mind, and to beat them would be quite an accomplishment. If I were as good as them, I'd be on the tournament trail, instead of watching in envy.

That's all that I can think of. Now let it be known that as for me, it's all a big joke. About half of my family lives in Texas. Some of my best friends live in Texas, and I do business down there in my job. But I never pass up an opp. to start a fuss with them.

One of the favorite sayings is that Oklahoma wind blows and Texas SUCKS! Boomer Sooner! LOL!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a group of Oklahoma shooters, around 8-10 of us that love to go to TexasTbot shoots. Generally we bring back a lot of buckles, we tend to rub it in,,,,,,,,,BUT, we wouldnt go if TBOT didnt put on a good shoot. We wouldnt go if it wasnt fun. And the people of TBOT are pretty darn good people.

But besides TBOT,,,,Texas sucks :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Now Bob you know that you couldn't wait to see them pretty legs ! I had a great time getting my butt handed to me. Me and that place don't seem to get along, I just don't shoot well at that shoot maybe that just isn't at the top of my list when I go there, fun is. Cal

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Mr Ryan…Graysquirrel… I know it's a bit off topic, but being a yankee from way up here in the armpit of the east (NJ) I'm not familiar with the origin of the Texas v Oklahoma rivalry. Would one (or both) of you gents please enlighten me?

PS- I'm hoping it's not simply a football thing but more "historical" and Hatfield/McCoy type thing :)

Tom
I like Mr. Ryan's take on things....didn't know the "history stuff" :)

Not surprised to hear that some of our law enforcement officers are over zealous :( Sorry about that! They should lighten up... after all it's not like you Okies are from Louisiana :) LOL!!

I thought the rivalry mostly stemmed from the strong competition that exists between both state's college sports programs.....and that it just carried over into other realms.

A few of my cowboy heroes hailed from Oklahoma....Will Rogers, Jim Shoulders, and Ben Johnson readily come to mind.

My Grandfather, though born in Texas, grew up on a ranch in Oklahoma before having the ability to move back here. He and his siblings were real sweet people. In fact pretty much everybody that I've met from Oklahoma has been nice.....that may not hold true forever as I've never met Bob :) LOL!!

BTW...thanks Bob for getting me that Okie bowyer's number the other day!! Guess, I'll have to start saving my pennies for that deal or preferably get lucky on a trade :)

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cal, just warn me next time you walk at me pulling your pants legs up, shivers of the movie "deliverance" danced in my head. Hopefully next year I will have time, and a bow, that will make a round fun

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Kevin, are you talking GW Flanagan, or some other bowyer? Just curious....

·
Registered
674 Posts
There is a group of Oklahoma shooters, around 8-10 of us that love to go to TexasTbot shoots. Generally we bring back a lot of buckles, we tend to rub it in,,,,,,,,,BUT, we wouldnt go if TBOT didnt put on a good shoot. We wouldnt go if it wasnt fun. And the people of TBOT are pretty darn good people.

But besides TBOT,,,,Texas sucks :)
The thing that keeps Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico is that Oklahoma sucks so much.

It's not entirely football, but mostly:
Did you hear about the border war between Texas and Oklahoma? The Oklahomans were throwing dynamite across the border at the Texans. The Texans were lighting it and throwing it back!

:)

Reactions: OsageAssassin

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Kevin, are you talking GW Flanagan, or some other bowyer? Just curious....
Yes Steve :)
I've got one of his bows...purchased from Sam some time back and I really like it. Was interested in getting another set of limbs possibly. Bob put me in contact with Mr. Flanagan. Mr. Flanagan tried rather successfully in getting me thinking about a new bow....sadly his price matches his talent.... :) LOL!! Painfully :) Must hit lottery or sell something to swing a new one :) Mr. Flanagan seemed like a real nice fellow...btw...

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The thing that keeps Texas from falling into the Gulf of Mexico is that Oklahoma sucks so much.

It's not entirely football, but mostly:
Did you hear about the border war between Texas and Oklahoma? The Oklahomans were throwing dynamite across the border at the Texans. The Texans were lighting it and throwing it back!

:)
And just what was the score in last years football game? :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
And just what was the score in last years football game? :)[/QUOT

I don't even keep up with that any more.:) How many of the OU players were from Texas that year? When I was living in Texas, it was usually about half if not more.

If an Okie has a good looking girl on his arm, where is she from?

A tattoo parlor.:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts