Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They don't have to big to be a trophy.

You can do it with 35# limbs from a crawl.

Lot of heat from Texas mesquite and good a cook

Texas BBQ. :)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt, the cur was a finding along a highway. Way skinny and been on his on for a while. It belongs to the guy cooking. Scot bas been working him with pig blood and fresh ears.

My Saturday night pig was his first find. Pig only went about 20 yards and I heard him good down but we got the dog. Had a good two sided blood trail. Cur had no trouble.

BTW the old 600 epic zip thru and thru with a woodsman. The ACS are the real deal. Left a heck of a trail.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Matt, the cur was a finding along a highway. Way skinny and been on his on for a while. It belongs to the guy cooking. Scot bas been working him with pig blood and fresh ears.

My Saturday night pig was his first find. Pig only went about 20 yards and I heard him good down but we got the dog. Had a good two sided blood trail. Cur had no trouble.

BTW the old 600 epic zip thru and thru with a woodsman. The ACS are the real deal. Left a heck of a trail.
===================

Hello Rusty
Speaking of Cur dogs. I raised -train and showed Cur dogs at one time in my prime [ Smile
Any chance you might have visited or belonged to the Original Mountain Cur club in Jamestown TN. [ Later

·
Registered
7,516 Posts

Cool on the dog blood trailers are worth their weight in gold.

I'm got a set of those acs and love them.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
7,966 Posts
thats a neat trailer, too! out here it would have two spits and be capable of roasting two 150 pounders at the same time. lechon!!! filipino food.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
===================

Hello Rusty
Speaking of Cur dogs. I raised -train and showed Cur dogs at one time in my prime [ Smile
Any chance you might have visited or belonged to the Original Mountain Cur club in Jamestown TN. [ Later
UB all my cur action was local. Hoppy, real cow boy from Millsap, TX, raised them as cow dogs. Cow would get all hormoned up with her calf and go to the bush. Half a dozen cowboys could not get her out of the brush. Two black mouth popped her and calf right out and on the road to the pens.

I have the highest regard for his dogs. He breeds smart, hard working, no quit dogs.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Always loved cur dogs...they hunt like they ain't never been fed! We used them in the Florida palmettos and swamps for bay and catch dogs....

That size hog is perfect eating.....nice job Mr. Craine!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts