Trad Talk Forums banner

Sanlida Miracle X10 limbs

8K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  Vaquero 45 
#1 ·
Anyone here with direct experience of these limbs? The geometry looks good, for a conventional curve (which I prefer).

If not, how about the X9s?

Looking for limbs for a Black Bear warf (21") project. An experiment, I'm wanting to keep cost down, and where I am rn I can get the Sanlidas real cheap. Also looking at the Akusta limbs.

#2 ·
Kinetic Vaultage is a fairly reasonable limb with excellent manners.
Cross carbon 70/36 were just 182 grams each limb.
Smooth and very good speed, quiet as well.
I am sure there are a couple Chinese made limbs falling out of the same press and having different labels afterwards.

#3 ·
And so down that rabbit hole I went.

It would seem Kinetic are a house brand of SSA, a Belgian distributor, whom presently have much of their kit produced by Sanlida. W&W used to make them. It's not implausible the X10s are the same well-spoken limb. On paper they look to be.

Merlin have them at my target of 66/44 for the very polite price of 170 sterling:

Thanks for this. Added to my short list!

#4 ·
FWIW I found that Kaminski has reviewed the 'Sanlida Miracle X10 kit' (Oly) which has these limbs. He seems to like it, saying that the bow as a whole is properly dead in hand on shot and has a lot of whack. You can get these limbs for EUR225 or so (parity with USD these days):

Can find nothing at all about the X9's, at least in a language I understand.

#11 · (Edited)
Got the limbs. Very nicely put together. Feel and look decent, no complaints. The supplier only had them in 38lb meds (68" on 25" riser) yet they scale in much higher than that. They should be 44lb on my 19" but come to ~49lb at my 28.7" DL. Decided I'll keep them regardless, putting it down to a sticker issue.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle part

Rim Wood Composite material Automotive exterior Gas

Bicycle part Wood Tool Rim Electric blue

Wood Bumper Fender Carbon Bicycle part
Tire Wood Rectangle Automotive tire Wheel

Wood Beige Wrist Sleeve Pattern

Bad pic, but here they are on my 19" F261, hotel room door (new lower paracord silencer going in). Aligned perfectly from the get go. They feel good to draw, but even at 48-49lb on my draw they feel as heavy or heavier than my Nika N3's on the same riser, at 52lb OTF. Not surprising given how smooth the N3's are.

Nonetheless, I like how conventional they feel. Looking fwd to putting an arrow over them when this next leg of travel is done.

Fixture Twig Rope Gas Natural material

These are destined for my Black Bear warf, perhaps with a dip. Don't have the BB on hand right now however. Hope it works out.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
I'm getting 2622gn/169g on the lower - about the same as a Border Hex 6.

Still don't see how to meaningfully weigh the tip. I do not see how it can be done without cutting it off! If I use the method shown to me in the Nika N3 thread, I get 36gn 69gn for the 'tip' which seems very wrong.

#14 ·
Tip or most part is working.
Better to hang one end, like you would for engine rotation assembly balance.
However this way is close.
Steve aka Hank and I keep this data on all bows we test.
I am not sure yet. But heavy tips like heavy arrow and light favor light arrow. You see this in golf clubs, Batt, so on.
Wood Table Musical instrument accessory Bumper Hardwood
Audio equipment Gadget Electronic device Technology Musical instrument accessory
Table Wood String instrument accessory Hardwood Varnish
Audio equipment Gadget Electronic device Technology Musical instrument accessory
Musical instrument accessory Gadget Audio equipment Font Technology
Handwriting Rectangle Font Wood Parallel

#18 · (Edited)
Have you had time to mess with much w/ the BB and x10's ? From posts and your username your global. Just wondered your current thoughts on the x10's ? Any regrets ? Would you buy them again but in longs ?
On your post 11 here you mentioned about dipping them for hunting I' am guessing? Is that something you do yourself or send out ? Very interested in " dipping " process , ideas. Stay safe . Thanks in advance for your thoughts and answers on the Sanlida x10's .

#19 ·
TBH I wonder if I didn't mess up. They're very good limbs in a conservative Oly sort of way, but don't hold against my Nika N3 mediums for speed and stability, which on my riser length of choice are just 3-4lbs heavier. Definitely feel like high end Oly limbs though, SF, Wiawis etc.

To get the X10s nice and matte or satin, and to do it right, will mean sanding the gloss back. Reading around, dipping will add weight to the limbs (paint) and risk cracking down the road no matter how well they're done. Putting limb huggers on them still won't take care of the gloss around the limb butts.

I bought some 45lb Buck Trail 3k carbon woods for next to nothing, arriving soon to my current location (France). This is for a competition setup. Nice and matte black already. If they're good or close to the X10's I'll sell the X10s to a good Oly home.

#21 ·
Yep, they're awesome. I'm going to write about them soon. Got them at a steal of a price too.

Only about 30 arrows over them so far though. Hoping to finish dialing them in with some new arrows tomorrow.

#22 ·
Still liking this limb. Put a bow together for FITA with them. Anyone else here with the X10's finding them incredibly loud? Great limb, helluva cast to them. But feel like my bow's getting whacked with a rubber mallet each shot. No doubt this is in part due to their very low mass.

#23 ·
Update also : as you probably remember Remote I have the Salinda Blackstones for a good while now . Can't comment on the X10's however . My findings on the Blackstones excellent shooters , accurate lite , well constructed , slightly louder than my N3's . Downside is currently the Blackstone's selling for the same as the N3's , so its a no brainer to purchase the soon to be performance , price wise N3's .

I have now because I play and switch limbs on an off different WF risers and record personal notes on my equipment , my Blackstones mounted on my WF21 . with Limbsavers on them and what I call my homebrewed paracord WildMan string silencers on them . One really does not hear about the Blackstones limbs on this side of the pond . I don't regret buying mine , however I purchased them new in 22 me thinks when there were way less .

Just like the BTE's when they just to go for less green , I bought a set . I let a local guy shoot my WF19 with my BTE hooked on them , when he was done he reached in his pocket and offered me near either 280 or 260 I don't remember and gave them too him .

Me personally between the BTE and the Blackstone's I like the Blackstones better , but thats just me . BTW I don't use them much but my Blaackstones look like the day I received them new . There @62" 45# . I have pull scaled them on my WF19 with bolts cranked down they were 45 #. also there rated on a 19" riser .

Reactions: Remote