Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here with direct experience of these limbs? The geometry looks good, for a conventional curve (which I prefer).

If not, how about the X9s?

Looking for limbs for a Black Bear warf (21") project. An experiment, I'm wanting to keep cost down, and where I am rn I can get the Sanlidas real cheap. Also looking at the Akusta limbs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kinetic Vaultage is a fairly reasonable limb with excellent manners.
Cross carbon 70/36 were just 182 grams each limb.
Smooth and very good speed, quiet as well.
I am sure there are a couple Chinese made limbs falling out of the same press and having different labels afterwards.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinetic Vaultage is a fairly reasonable limb with excellent manners.
Cross carbon 70/36 were just 182 grams each limb.
Smooth and very good speed, quiet as well.
I am sure there are a couple Chinese made limbs falling out of the same press and having different labels afterwards.
And so down that rabbit hole I went.

It would seem Kinetic are a house brand of SSA, a Belgian distributor, whom presently have much of their kit produced by Sanlida. W&W used to make them. It's not implausible the X10s are the same well-spoken limb. On paper they look to be.

Merlin have them at my target of 66/44 for the very polite price of 170 sterling:

Thanks for this. Added to my short list!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW I found that Kaminski has reviewed the 'Sanlida Miracle X10 kit' (Oly) which has these limbs. He seems to like it, saying that the bow as a whole is properly dead in hand on shot and has a lot of whack. You can get these limbs for EUR225 or so (parity with USD these days):

Can find nothing at all about the X9's, at least in a language I understand.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I personally would not do business with a company that copies everything from everyone. Stealing designs isn't right especially flat out copies. Look at the Lancaster archery star line lineup of limbs great for the price.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally would not do business with a company that copies everything from everyone. Stealing designs isn't right especially flat out copies. Look at the Lancaster archery star line lineup of limbs great for the price.
How are they, in any shape or form, stealing?

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
You mean like how Hoyt stole Border's use of bias carbon?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are the same people that are making the fake hoyt satori risers, fake hoyt xceed risers, fake morrison risers, fake tempest riser, etc.
Sanlida? No they're not. You may be confusing them with Top Archery, TBOW, et al.

Happy to see some links to prove that wrong however.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went ahead and bought the 40lb mediums, to pair up with my Black Bear warf (~44lb) but also to play with on a 17" riser (~48lb). Will report!

Reactions: JPH

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Got the limbs. Very nicely put together. Feel and look decent, no complaints. The supplier only had them in 38lb meds (68" on 25" riser) yet they scale in much higher than that. They should be 44lb on my 19" but come to ~49lb at my 28.7" DL. Decided I'll keep them regardless, putting it down to a sticker issue.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle part

Rim Wood Composite material Automotive exterior Gas

Bicycle part Wood Tool Rim Electric blue

Wood Bumper Fender Carbon Bicycle part
Tire Wood Rectangle Automotive tire Wheel

Wood Beige Wrist Sleeve Pattern

Bad pic, but here they are on my 19" F261, hotel room door (new lower paracord silencer going in). Aligned perfectly from the get go. They feel good to draw, but even at 48-49lb on my draw they feel as heavy or heavier than my Nika N3's on the same riser, at 52lb OTF. Not surprising given how smooth the N3's are.

Nonetheless, I like how conventional they feel. Looking fwd to putting an arrow over them when this next leg of travel is done.

Fixture Twig Rope Gas Natural material

These are destined for my Black Bear warf, perhaps with a dip. Don't have the BB on hand right now however. Hope it works out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Any chance on limb and tip weights?
Thanks
I'm getting 2622gn/169g on the lower - about the same as a Border Hex 6.

Still don't see how to meaningfully weigh the tip. I do not see how it can be done without cutting it off! If I use the method shown to me in the Nika N3 thread, I get 36gn 69gn for the 'tip' which seems very wrong.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Tip or most part is working.
Better to hang one end, like you would for engine rotation assembly balance.
However this way is close.
Steve aka Hank and I keep this data on all bows we test.
I am not sure yet. But heavy tips like heavy arrow and light favor light arrow. You see this in golf clubs, Batt, so on.
Wood Table Musical instrument accessory Bumper Hardwood
Audio equipment Gadget Electronic device Technology Musical instrument accessory
Table Wood String instrument accessory Hardwood Varnish
Audio equipment Gadget Electronic device Technology Musical instrument accessory
Musical instrument accessory Gadget Audio equipment Font Technology
Handwriting Rectangle Font Wood Parallel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts