Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the "for-what its worth" department:

I just threw a pair of Sage 45#@28" limbs on a 62" Polaris riser. On my scale, they came in at 41#@26". In a previous post, I thought I remembered somebody saying Samick limbs were running a little heavy.... I think these were, pretty much, spot on.

At an arrow weight of ten grains per pound of bow weight, this bow seems surprisingly fast and, with a little bit of generic tuning, surprisingly quiet.

I had a lay-off of almost a year, following a non-archery related shoulder injury and, for the last month or so, I have been "wearing out" a pair of 30#@26" Polaris limbs on this riser. With these Sage limbs, I finally feel like I am on "the come-back trail", as I continue to try to work back up to 50#. I even feel confident enough to hunt with this current combination, should it come to that.

I'm no expert, but I've been shooting recurves and longbows since the Nixon Administration, and I have to say that these components seem to pack quite a bit of value into a very attractive price point. (I have several very fine bows on my rack that that cost a LOT more money, but I don't think any one of them was necessarily more accurate, in my hands, at least. I just wish I could pull them to full draw, at the moment....)

I hope these observations may be of use to someone.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Samick ILF limbs run heavy, their bolt-downs are within tolerance.

-Grant

1 - 2 of 2 Posts